Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

Highrise Tower
This post was recognized by Highrise Tower!

mollusk was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 1000 points.

23 hours ago, hindesky said:

They are shoring up the sides of the dig, doesn't appear that there is  going to be much underground, I assume podium parking.

The way that part of Midtown floods, underground parking would be A Very Bad Idea - at least until the storm drainage system catches up.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, phillip_white said:

There was a massive mobile crane in this general area on Monday or Tuesday. I walked by this site on Wednesday and didn't see any obvious signs of why they would need it. Also, I believe the tower crane at the Camden complex was removed some time ago. Anyone have info or ideas?

I wonder if it was headed to the MFA, supposedly their 3rd tower is going up?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HoustonIsHome said:

It's this going to be built in phases? 

Any idea what the other buildings will look like? 

Looks like this tower will take up 1 of the 2.5 blocks purchased. 

Will this building open before it's neighbor across the street?

Before Camden? Their leasing office will open in January with first move in's in February. 

On May 3, 2016 at 11:02 PM, OkieEric said:

Here's what I found that probably gives haifers  the  thoughts of three buildings.

I drove by this site tonight on Fannin and saw some "Common Ground" signs (which are also visible in Street View).  Here is the flier for the listings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x63d4xugyutyaw6/Midtown.3.Acres.pdf?dl=0

Ybt4D4b.png

Undoubtedly the block on the lower left is the one indicated in the Caydon brochure, but from this it looks like that Art Supply building wasn't part of the deal?

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 3

On 12/27/2017 at 2:28 PM, hindesky said:

Just to refresh what this project will look like. Not sure where the 3 comes in, it looks like only one building to me, will there be more in the future?

EDIT: Renderings removed at the demand of Large arts in Collingwood, Australia.  —Editor

On 12/27/2017 at 2:28 PM, hindesky said:

The three towers come from the FAA filings for the other two towers to be designed by Gensler with Caydon as the developer. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't look like they worked overnight. They were in the process of unloading the rest of the trucks that had the jib and aft jib which probably took  another 1hr or so. At 7 am today it looked just like the pic I took yesterday. They did finish it today.

• Like 1