Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

If constructed, these would do a great deal to help fill in the gaps in the skyline between Downtown and the TMC. 

If constructed, these would be transformational.  I'm pretty skeptical, but hopefully we get more clarity in the coming months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CREguy13 said:

If constructed, these would be transformational.  I'm pretty skeptical, but hopefully we get more clarity in the coming months.

At least there's been some sort of filing. I'd be shocked if construction on these were imminent, but over a longer timeframe, I'd mark this as "plausible" given the nature of urbanization in Houston.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 4:37 PM, Urbannizer said:

Site of Tower 1: There were early articles of Caydon purchasing this block as well for his Midtown project. Either he's behind this or he sold the site to another developer.

35326565072_c5a3d81c2f_h.jpg

Site of Tower 2: Renovations are planned for the GreenStreet building, so this one may not take up the entire block.

35107165030_11d3b54769_h.jpg

Someone needs to tell that guy it isn't safe to walk on the train tracks.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2017 at 1:30 PM, houstontexasjack said:

At least there's been some sort of filing. I'd be shocked if construction on these were imminent, but over a longer timeframe, I'd mark this as "plausible" given the nature of urbanization in Houston.

I agree. Towers pop up any and everywhere in Houston. The chance that this are of midtown getting some towers is more likely than not

• Like 5

Well, it seems like there are a large number of "plausible" looking towers proposed for midtown. They range from 100 feet to almost 700 feet. They have offices and residential. Some more and some less serious. I hope to see them all pop up. 

Edited by EllenOlenska
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, htownbro said:

Here's a rendering of what the tower would look like.  27 stories

That's the wrong tower. The rendering you posted is for the tower Caydon (the Australian company) is building. We have already received renders of their 27-story tower.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Caydon has three towers going up? Well damn.

Their stuff in Melbourne looks quite nice.  I'll feel a lot more confident about these towers if Caydon can get a construction loan for The Midtown to move forward on that.  Some of what I've been reading (can't remember the source but it was one of Swamplot's linked articles) suggested Houston could turn into a landlord's market by late 2019.

• Like 4

On 7/22/2017 at 9:59 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Their stuff in Melbourne looks quite nice.  I'll feel a lot more confident about these towers if Caydon can get a construction loan for The Midtown to move forward on that.  Some of what I've been reading (can't remember the source but it was one of Swamplot's linked articles) suggested Houston could turn into a landlord's market by late 2019.

Bisnow article:  https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/economy/waiting-for-the-bounce-as-houston-rebounds-back-76781

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Paywall... any relevant quotes you can give?

Oh sorry! It's not if you google news search it. Here:

Private lender Development Fin­ance Partners is backing ­Melbourne developer Caydon Property Group with a funding injection of more than $100 million.

Caydon’s projects include suburban Melbourne apartments, as well as developments in the US where it is building a 27-storey, 357-apartment and retail project in Houston, and a 30-storey, 200-apartment site in Seattle.

The DFP deal comes as bank funding becomes more difficult to access for some developers, due to tighter lending restrictions placed on banks by APRA. The clampdown has forced some developers to turn to alternative lenders.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...