Aleluya Takes Control of Katy Translator

Purpledevil

Paulino Bernal & the Villarreal brothers have consummated the deal that sends translator 88-1 K201EU to the family of Aleluya Broadcasting stations. Along with the consummation notice, a minor modification of the facility has been filed, dated 04-21-16. The result of the minor mod will move the translator a hair south to a transmit site which is 3 meters taller, and increase its maximum HAAT from 68 to 75 meters. Question here; who's site is this? I don't think Aleluya has a stick of its own out there.

Yes, I know, but it's been a slow few weeks in the world of Houston radio. :lol:

http://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=k201eu&ccode=1&city=&state=&country=US&arn=&party=&party_type=LICEN

So no more late Radio Cristiana Network anywhere close to Houston. Oh well, I kinda liked that station. Radio Aleluya has so many paid programming hours now that you rarely get to listen to any music anymore.

I guess I'll continue to listen to 98.7 from The Guevarras till they decide what they're actually going to air on that station. 

What at ever happened to 105.3?? 

That's a good question, mrtejano. Still has its License to Cover, yet still not on the air. Not sure whatever happened to that trailblazing Cumbia format that was supposed to launch on 98-7, either. Still running the selected Christian songs over and over, and with low audio, to boot. I don't know, Señor. Other things must be have Hector Guevara and Cesar Guel's mente preoccupied. They sure haven't given 98-7 much attention since it signed on, and 105-3 remains total smoke and mirrors.

13 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

Paulino Bernal & the Villarreal brothers have consummated the deal that sends translator 88-1 K201EU to the family of Aleluya Broadcasting stations. Along with the consummation notice, a minor modification of the facility has been filed, dated 04-21-16. The result of the minor mod will move the translator a hair south to a transmit site which is 3 meters taller, and increase its maximum HAAT from 68 to 75 meters. Question here; who's site is this? I don't think Aleluya has a stick of its own out there.

Yes, I know, but it's been a slow few weeks in the world of Houston radio. :lol:

http://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=k201eu&ccode=1&city=&state=&country=US&arn=&party=&party_type=LICEN

That is the site for 980 KQUE I believe...

1 hour ago, JoeFM said:

That is the site for 980 KQUE I believe...

Ah yes, the Tichenor site off of Morton Rd. Good call, Joe & Thanks. 

Any thing you might be able to contribute with regards to mrtejano's inquiry? 

98.7 is available for LMA.  I heard the asking price is $9K a month.  Any potential broadcaster would have to already have a primary station in the same area, or lease an HD subchannel.  I also heard HD subchannels are going for about $7K a month.  Not the kind of money I'm willing to spend...

Purple, something is wrong with the messaging feature.  I can't send or receive messages....

Capture.JPG

Yep, me too. Something is batty with the HAIF. Last night, I couldn't access the forums, only my inbox. Today, it is reversed. I have to PMs in queue, but can't view either of them. I get the same message as you did. Things have not been quite right with the site since Oprah Winfrey's and Ellen DeGeneres's "You're not going to believe this, you've been lied to!" ads were implemented.

Just my luck, I tell all kinds of people how great and how stable the HAIF is as a website, compared to the malware infested site we once had to deal with, and then this one goes all screwy. I don't know, Joe. I've been a HAIFer for a couple of years now, and have never had the difficulties I'm having with various features around the site. That is, until the ads were implemented. I try to not use an ad blocker, since I know that clicking on those from time to time help pay the bills for the site's host, but if it's going to continue to inhibit me from using parts of the site I use frequently, the ads are about to be nixed quick, fast, and in a hurry.

You know what's interesting to me? The address.

1600 Pasadena Avenue. In all actuality, isn't it Pasadena Boulevard? 

Now, check this interesting factoid out:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101722422&formid=314&fac_num=65309

Look at the address for the proposed license assignee of KCOH. Pueblo de Galilea, LLC apparently shares the building on Pasadena Boulevard with Aleluya Broadcasting Corporation, and by my count KCOH will make 6 AM facilities operating under the same roof on Pasadena Boulevard/Avenue.

The FCC stipulates no broadcaster can operate more than 5 facilities in a given band, nor more than 8 facilities in a given MSA, ours being #6 Houston-Galveston. Once we add KFTG 88-1, KCVH-LD 30, and the slew of translators including Mo. City licensed K236AR, my question quickly becomes where was the petition to deny the transfer of license for KCOH from Liberman to "Pueblo de Galilea, LLC" from our resident radio policeman that's been keeping such a keen eye on such things? KUHA's application has now been held up and placed on a review docket because KSBJ is supposedly doing the same thing, but KCOH's assignment has already received the rubber stamp of approval, and is only awaiting consummation. 

I'm seeing a bit of inequality here. :huh:

Archived