Where to buy st augustine grass?

Triton

Kinda new to all this but I'm wanting to lay down st augustine grass in my front yard. Been told it's some of the best grass to have in Houston. Any ideas where to buy it? I've gone by Lowe's and Home Depot but all I've found is Scott seed... Can I use seed to grow st augustine grass? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. It's not for a very large area.

13 hours ago, Triton said:

Kinda new to all this but I'm wanting to lay down st augustine grass in my front yard. Been told it's some of the best grass to have in Houston. Any ideas where to buy it? I've gone by Lowe's and Home Depot but all I've found is Scott seed... Can I use seed to grow st augustine grass? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. It's not for a very large area.

http://mataturf.com

Zoysia is lesser known and more expensive but looks and feels 10x better and performs as good or better than St. Augustine. There is a place south of Houston that sells it and has some good videos on their website.

look into it.

• 6 months later...

Scott is a brand, St. Augustine is a type. As in, Scott may not sell St. Augustine seed. Or, Del Monte doesn't sell Crest.

Just to put it out there though, you can't find St. Augustine without a little Bermuda in it. I don't know why, but that's been my experience.

I say that because I'm a big fan of Bermuda grass.

Archived