The Northside Pirate

Purpledevil

We've got a pirate up here in the 4-4, operating on 101-5 FM. It is religious programming in English, and gave an 843 area code phone number during the preaching. Extremely strong signal here in Acres Home, however, the high end treble in the voices is distorted. I heard a dead carrier here yesterday, but this is the first programming I've caught on it. Definitely not the new KHSX-LP, unless the 100 watter is pumping out more than it should. Actually sounds like this thing has a lot of elevation, with low power. Along the same lines as KMAZ-LP at 102-5. 

Of course, reception reports are always encouraged and appreciated.

Edit to add: Well...that's odd. The preaching stopped, then suddenly Glass Tiger's "Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone" started midway through the song, then it stopped suddenly and back to dead air for going on 10 minutes now. Hmm...

Maybe it is KHSX-LP testing...

Ok, so I did a little bit of investigating on the carrier. Btw, audio has returned again and it is now featuring end times preaching complete with conversations of the false prophet and antichrist being revealed to the earth very soon. Still having distortion on the high ends, but I heard tinkering going on here and there while driving. I've got it nailed down to a tee as to where it's being originated. Now, had I known this before, I wouldn't have taken to the HAIF and 5-0ed its existence. :ph34r:

Sorely disappointed that this programming was chosen over what COULD be going out over the 101-5 signal, but I'll just leave it at that. <_<

Since I was in the area, I stopped for lunch. Hungry Farmer sure hasn't lost a step in serving up a mean stuffed baked potato. ^_^ God help all of the Northside if we ever lose this treasure.

6 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

Ok, so I did a little bit of investigating on the carrier. Btw, audio has returned again and it is now featuring end times preaching complete with conversations of the false prophet and antichrist being revealed to the earth very soon. Still having distortion on the high ends, but I heard tinkering going on here and there while driving. I've got it nailed down to a tee as to where it's being originated. Now, had I known this before, I wouldn't have taken to the HAIF and 5-0ed its existence. :ph34r:

Sorely disappointed that this programming was chosen over what COULD be going out over the 101-5 signal, but I'll just leave it at that. <_<

Since I was in the area, I stopped for lunch. Hungry Farmer sure hasn't lost a step in serving up a mean stuffed baked potato. ^_^ God help all of the Northside if we ever lose this treasure.

I love the Barbecue Inn, but haven't y'all ever heard the old joke that no one goes there for the barbecue? Seriously, they're hard to beat when it comes to seafood and fried chicken, but when it comes to BBQ, Hungry Farmer wins (and they're not only cheaper but also serve bigger portions). 

The oldies came from WXHC Homer, New York "Oldies 101-5" being fed across the formerly testing 101-5 signal from an apparent internet feed. It has left the air as of the next day from when this thread was penned, and has not returned. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:37 PM, JoeFM said:

Hey purple hungry farmer doesn't have nothing on the barbecue Inn Crosstimbers and Yale go try that place you'll be amazed

Somehow, I overlooked this nugget of hilarity. My grandparents absolutely loved this place. I grew up getting dragged to the Barbecue Inn when I was a kid and I swore many years ago, after I moved out and then got married, that if I never set foot in that place again, it'd be much too soon. :lol:

Mkultra is spot on with his assessment. The barbecue isn't what Barbecue Inn is known for. Their chicken, seafood, and ridiculously high prices for what you get on your plate is.

Hungry Farmer, hands down. :D

Oh yeah, when he's got it on the air, you should have it loud in clear at your location. It's hit or miss, though. It wasn't long after we posted all this last night, that it shut back down. You've just got to be lucky (or nerdy) enough to catch it. I check the entirety of both radio dials pretty much every day and multiple times a day after I get off work, so it's pretty difficult to get much past me. Some people watch a lot of TV, I monitor a lot of radio transmissions. Yesterday, it was airing the programming from a subchannel of KZHO-LD at about a 4 minute delay.

What can I say? I don't live a normal life...:lol: 

2 hours ago, mrtejano said:

I heard the commercials mentioning 102.5 WFMF from Baton Rouge but then I hear a announcement YOURE LISTENING TO TODAYS COUNTRY ON 101.5???

WFMF is an Iheart station in Baton Rouge.  They often cross promote other iHeart stations during commercial breaks so that's no surprise (101.5 WYNK is down the hall from WFMF).  It sounds like someone is rebroadcasting from the iHeart app.

3 hours ago, StevenM said:

WFMF is an Iheart station in Baton Rouge.  They often cross promote other iHeart stations during commercial breaks so that's no surprise (101.5 WYNK is down the hall from WFMF).  It sounds like someone is rebroadcasting from the iHeart app.

I heard it too.  Twasn't me.

5 hours ago, StevenM said:

Archived