The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

was at the galleria and noticed that the entire west end of the ice rink length (along the railing/main food court end) is being turned into a pretty large new sushi place-  http://www.sushigami.net/ ... (opening date 06/30/17 according to the Simon Malls website) 

but even better there is a CoCo Crepes Express ( http://www.cococrepes.com/ ) kiosk right by it and that opens in the next couple of weeks!

:o

Edited by gene
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, Urbannizer said:

they have now removed the fence and have just a netted fence so you can see the progress...i think they are working on the parking lot this week to finish that out along with landscaping...at night the top and then the part framing the stores within as well as the pattern feature are lit up at night and its pretty impressive with how simplistic and nice it looks! cant wait for this to be finished...they are saying it will be around november/december for the restaurants in the front (empty) portion to be built out and open...we shall see! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gene said:

they have now removed the fence and have just a netted fence so you can see the progress...i think they are working on the parking lot this week to finish that out along with landscaping...at night the top and then the part framing the stores within as well as the pattern feature are lit up at night and its pretty impressive with how simplistic and nice it looks! cant wait for this to be finished...they are saying it will be around november/december for the restaurants in the front (empty) portion to be built out and open...we shall see! 

^^^ @gene may you acquire some illustrations for us of the day vs night ambiance?  would be interested in viewing this LED approach.  props....

• Like 3

sorry i haven't posted a photo yet but seriously i can never get the sizing right...someone needs to send me step by step directions haha!

anyway...looks like all or most of the stores in the new wing will be open June 30th (not the street facing restaurants of course as they are saying nov 2017 if not by spring 2018), but the ones in the 2 story hallway connecting galleria 2 with Saks!

Saks Wing Stores

There’s a whole wing full of new boutiques that are scheduled to open at the Galleria by the end of the month. Ted Baker, Lacoste, Sam Edelman, Adriano Goldschmied, Cuadra, Robin’s Jean and Trésor Rare are all set to bow in the state-of-the-art, redeveloped section of the mall on June 30.

as stated in this article: 

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2017/6/7/6-houston-stores-shop-june-2017

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

Two months ago, I met two chefs from India while eating with my son at Shake Shack and they told me they were in town to take in the local dining scene in preparation for opening a fine dining Indian restaurant called The Spice Market (no relation to the Jean Georges Vongerichten restaurant in Meat Packing District tin NYC) that was opening near Nobu and Fig & Olive. I was surprised that Galleria marketing has not announced. If the deal wasn't signed- why would they fly the chefs over to tour Houston food scene??? They had been to the new Kiran etc... They said the company has other restaurants in India but I believe the ownership was from Nigeria.

• Like 5

walked to the galleria this morning and the first level of the renovated corridor leading to saks looks on target to open for business tomorrow as most stores facades have been uncovered and there are tons of people loading in and straightening/arranging items etc...the second level seems like maybe 1/3 of the stores if that will be ready to open tomorrow.

they also opened up the lower level corridor that leads to the westheimer facing entrance...lots of excitement going on in this part of the galleria! 

it all looks really nice and i am sure there will be lots of photos online soon enough!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gene said:

walked to the galleria this morning and the first level of the renovated corridor leading to saks looks on target to open for business tomorrow as most stores facades have been uncovered and there are tons of people loading in and straightening/arranging items etc...the second level seems like maybe 1/3 of the stores if that will be ready to open tomorrow.

they also opened up the lower level corridor that leads to the westheimer facing entrance...lots of excitement going on in this part of the galleria! 

it all looks really nice and i am sure there will be lots of photos online soon enough!

^^^ would LOVE to see just how this looks at night if you can grab us an illustration.  however, props for the update......

• Like 3

it actually looks pretty strange from the outside, as it will probably/eventually be large windows, however for now, that is all boarded up since this is where presumably the 4 restaurants will be...so while the facade is nice, it will look even better once this is all uncovered! looking forward to this in the fall (hopefully)!

• Like 2

10GalleriaVI__Photo_Credit_Dave_Rossman_

32GalleriaVI__Photo_Credit_Dave_Rossman_

^^^ galleria VI expansion.  the new front exterior entry is still undergoing construction.  however, TED BAKER LONDON is the epitome of cool.  i used to love to shop there at the mall in dubai, uae.....

• Like 8

On 7/3/2017 at 3:17 PM, monarch said:

32GalleriaVI__Photo_Credit_Dave_Rossman_

^^^ galleria VI expansion.  the new front exterior entry is still undergoing construction.  however, TED BAKER LONDON is the epitome of cool.  i used to love to shop there at the mall in dubai, uae.....

wow!

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 2

Jay Dee Texas has added a photo to the pool:

The Houston Galleria on Sage facing Williams Tower

A late night shot I took around 1am of February 2016 in the Galleria area of Houston. Since there's little to no traffic it was a perfect time to take it .That big tower I'm facing is Williams Tower . From what I read it's the 4th tallest building in Texas, and might be the tallest in Houston and is 64 stories high

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AREJAY said:

Every time I see an update to this thread I get excited and hope it's an update to the Ritz proposal. Then I open it and I'm disappointed it's some restaurant or store opening... 

^^^ i have to concur with this very sentiment.....

• Like 3