what does your HAIF AVATAR symbolize... why did you choose it?

monarch

My yurt tent on the Rogue River in southwestern Oregon (much of The River Wild* was filmed there), up on a multi day wilderness whitewater trip... just looking at it puts me in my hose the brain out happy place.

*  or as those of us who actually paddle call it, "Merrill Streep And Her Amazing Disappearing Gear." 

On 3/28/2016 at 6:22 PM, monarch said:

LOL Maybe I'm past the technology curve but I was going to quote Monarch saying quality huh? I don't see the Lexus L Logo!

Anyways, now i'm deeper into the matrix and don't know how to delete the quote boxes. Mine is obviously of our beloved Galleria/Uptown Houston skyline. Seems like back in the day everyone had a Downtown Avatar on the HAIF & SSC. Thought I'd be different.

1 hour ago, mkultra25 said:

Production credit used for many of the films written/produced/directed by the Archers (Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger). The greatest British filmmakers who ever lived. 

jack-cardiff-the-archers1.jpg

I see this avatar used by a member on IMDB that always posts on 'The Red Shoes' board. I wondered if it was you.

21 hours ago, LarryDierker said:

I see this avatar used by a member on IMDB that always posts on 'The Red Shoes' board. I wondered if it was you.

Nope, not me. I've run across a few other folks online who use the same avatar. I don't hang out very often on the IMDB boards but I'm not surprised there's someone using it there. 

On April 2, 2016 at 0:30 PM, plumber2 said:

Being a plumber, my avatar is quite simple and self explanatory. However,I'm not sure what I will do when hands free faucets become the norm.

Do you only do repairs or do you work in like new home/buildings or renovations?

I wouldn't worry, it's going to be a while before we're all replaced and killed off by robots 

The best image I could conjur for a purple devil, without using the Warner Brothers character. The screen name itself comes from what the first car I've ever owned came to be known as, which is a 1972 plum crazy colored Dodge Demon. Still have the car, although it hasn't seen the light of day in a few years. Well, unless you count what light comes through the cracks in the walls of the barn.

4 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

The best image I could conjur for a purple devil, without using the Warner Brothers character. The screen name itself comes from what the first car I've ever owned came to be known as, which is a 1972 plum crazy colored Dodge Demon. Still have the car, although it hasn't seen the light of day in a few years. Well, unless you count what light comes through the cracks in the walls of the barn.

4 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

habit_the_demon_wolf_by_freakwolffreakis

^^^ place this one into your avatar purpledevil.  it shall be perfect... other than that club-wielding horned wannabe houston astro....

1 hour ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

mine is the HoB's Death Metal Voodoo Doll, the unofficial mascot.

unofficial because it's mine, not theirs... lol

#dm_voodoo_doll

@Tumbleweed: Any association with the bar of the same name up on Kuykendahl? When I worked for the former hotel chain, our management company used to have annual Christmas parties over there. It was a tremendous place, but I heard something about it closing up shop. Shame, if true. I saw one of the best concerts ever played in Houston there. Bad Company. My wife and I barely made it home after that night. Good times and great memories!

On 4/4/2016 at 8:06 PM, Purpledevil said:

Aww... 

I tried to upload the image and got this message:

"1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 100.0448kb, and was skipped"

Disappointment personified... <_<

^^^ hey my pal, tryout mkultra25's purple devil emoji.... perfect!

On 3/29/2016 at 4:55 PM, LarryDierker said:

Meiko Kaji in a promotional poster for Female Prisoner: Scorpion. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0226872/  

The best trilogy in the history of cinema. Also a little better than her role in the more popular Lady Snowblood.

I suspect you're going to be more than a little interested in this - just announced today from Arrow Video:

12983944_1173445836022742_77930083980903

Details here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=721 (for UK customers - they haven't posted preorder links for US customers yet).

I change my avatar fairly often. First it was a small stuffed tiger I bought, then it was the Night Speed Limit sign, then an empty Wendy's sign off of 290, then one of the HAIF cards, and now an image of the Pierce Elevated.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:42 AM, sevfiv said:

Silos! (and the arch-ive logo)

Are those the silos which used to be on Studemont?
And yes, what a great avatar / logo!
Simple, witty (silos! That's where things are stored ) and eye-catching

• 3 weeks later...

I chose Huey Freeman from The Boondocks comic strip/tv show. My original avatar was a GIF of a shadowed version of Huey moving his head to the beat of music as you can see here: http://rs438.pbsrc.com/albums/qq109/Phyn0m/Huey1.gif~c200.

HAIF transitioned to a new forum around 08-09, so I needed a new avatar. I decided to use an updated image of him from an episode in which he's giving a quizzical expression in response to some off the wall behavior, and it's stuck since then.

Archived