Alta West Gray: Multifamily At 299 W. Gray St.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

This comment didnt age well. 

haha it did not. i had that app for about a week and messed around with it while walking my dog and that was it. though doing a quick news search its still out there making some noise.

anyways, they have a big hole dug now. No apartment around here has made their schedule without big delays or big fires, we'll see how this goes. I just realized I will have to cross W Gray twice with no signal to get decent sidewalks in my walk to midtown after they rip it up in front of the future Alta...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, kdog08 said:

Over/under on if this or Dolce Midtown finishes first? 

I hate to say it, but I'd put my money on Alta.  I just hope Dolce is finished and doesn't become a Holiday Inn/Days Inn/Heaven on Earth that will completely screw  up the Fourth Ward redevelopment. One of the best neighborhoods in the City, but I'm admittedly biased because I live there.

On 7/27/2016 at 1:15 PM, skwatra said:

At least there is a Pokestop on that lot!

Does that count as retail?

This was posted a year ago, so I assume it was the game, but this was posted a year ago, so it might still be the trendy new restaurant theme?

13 hours ago, samagon said:

This was posted a year ago, so I assume it was the game, but this was posted a year ago, so it might still be the trendy new restaurant theme?

It was (is?) a mobile game app. It was a world wide phenomenon, well at least for a month! We had just had our second child and my wife's cousins (late teens and early 20's) who were in town were really in to it. Would go walk our dog just to catch pokemon. I won't lie, i downloaded it and played for a few weeks. I live less than a block for this lot, and there was a pokemon places there you could catch.

wiki page

ha, yeah, I know, I was joking, should have put a smiley or something. I was trying to play at the number of poke restaurants that seem to have materialized over night with how quickly the game seemed to take off. I'm waiting patiently for one of them to call themselves the poke stop.

The game is still played, I read a headline last week that they just rolled out the biggest update ever, didn't bother to read the article though.

should have realized that, i was thinking "he can't be serious" as i was replying. i was pretty surprised but didn't catch any hint of sarcasm/joking.

anyways they are moving along, and Dolce is not. I think I'll put my money on this project finishing first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived