Citizens Of Montrose At 907 Westheimer Rd.

cosmic08

I drove by a couple months ago, quickly glanced and thought I read a sign that said "open soon" or something similar. Can anyone tell me if Ruggles on Westheimer near Montrose is still open? It looks like it is on their website, but when I called I just received a busy signal. Any info is welcome!

I drove by a couple months ago, quickly glanced and thought I read a sign that said "open soon" or something similar. Can anyone tell me if Ruggles on Westheimer near Montrose is still open? It looks like it is on their website, but when I called I just received a busy signal. Any info is welcome!

They have been renovating forever....still says opening (or maybe re-opening) soon on the front....

A Chronicle article on Ruggles Green earlier this month mentioned that the Ruggles on Westheimer will "reopen this fall".

They are set to open soon-- the kitchen is already turning out fab food as they donated "munchies" to the avondale civic organization bi-monthly social in august--

• 4 months later...

I noticed the sign at Ruggles that there would be a big New Years Celebration there--and someone was inside working this weekend to accept the invite to the Avondale gathering

and said they currently only open in the evenings--but I was wondering if anyone has tried out Ruggles and if they were the same or different?

Ruggles. The place you see down the street, after you're done eating at Baba Yega's. "Glad I didn't go there - looks like a parking nightmare" ... 12 years in Houston... never been, still have no desire to go.

We have a great time eating there - great food....great drinks....parking is valet, no nightmare at all

Im not sure - they don't have an obvious parking lot....the valet guys park the cars behind the restaurant....I don't know if they would let me park myself back there...I've never asked...

Ah yes... one might be better off finding parking elsewhere.

Im not sure - they don't have an obvious parking lot....the valet guys park the cars behind the restaurant....I don't know if they would let me park myself back there...I've never asked...

[/quote

no------------ they won't let you park it yourself---yes-----you can try neighborhood parking------------no-----it won't be easy-parking in Avondale is tough because of ALL the great restaurants--- yes-- valet parking is worth it------ Ruggles is a terrific place to eat! plus----the tow-truck-maniacs lurk waiting for anyone to mis-park--and will cell phone call the HPD to have you ticketed so they can tow you.

[/quote

no------------ they won't let you park it yourself---yes-----you can try neighborhood parking------------no-----it won't be easy-parking in Avondale is tough because of ALL the great restaurants--- yes-- valet parking is worth it------ Ruggles is a terrific place to eat! plus----the tow-truck-maniacs lurk waiting for anyone to mis-park--and will cell phone call the HPD to have you ticketed so they can tow you.

no...yes...no...yes... tow trucks... HPD... Place seems like too much trouble, to even bother.

• Like 1

ame='trymahjong' date='Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM' timestamp='1263325531' post='354000']

no...yes...no...yes... tow trucks... HPD... Place seems like too much trouble, to even bother.

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps if they had free parking they would not find themselves in this fine mess they have created. Oh well.

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps if they had free parking they would not find themselves in this fine mess they have created. Oh well.

You pull up to the entrance - hop out of your car and are inside the restaurant in 3 steps - how much easier could it get...

You are going to pay $20-$30 for dinner/drinks but don't want to pay a few $$ for parking ???

• Like 1

You pull up to the entrance - hop out of your car and are inside the restaurant in 3 steps - how much easier could it get...

You are going to pay $20-$30 for dinner/drinks but don't want to pay a few $$ for parking ???

I usually spend more than that for dinner. The real question here is why should I pay for parking?

Does it matter? Consider it as a whole package. If food price + parking price = acceptable price for food received, fair enough. I've never been to Ruggles so I couldn't say, but I certainly think $3 valet at Feast is a good deal considering the food I get for the price.

Geez. There's no way I would let "mandatory" valet stand between me and an awesome meal. If I'm going to drop that kind of cash on dinner, valet is nothing on top of that. It's not like you're paying to park to eat at Applebee's.

I ate at Ruggles once when I first moved here. It was very good. I've heard the new menu is much more "healthy" and lacks the decadent extravagance that the meals used to have. In other words, it's boring now. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I don't mind paying for valet parking but I couldn't even figure out where to pull into the lot. They only have one lane for entrance and exit as far as I can tell. Every time I would try to pull in someone was coming out. If I have to come to a complete stop and block traffic for even 2 seconds I'm not going there.

Does it matter? Consider it as a whole package. If food price + parking price = acceptable price for food received, fair enough. I've never been to Ruggles so I couldn't say, but I certainly think $3 valet at Feast is a good deal considering the food I get for the price.

Yes it matters. There are tonnes of other place in this town that do not have mandatory valet. There is no reason to pay. Why should I?

• Like 1

I ate at Ruggles once when I first moved here. It was very good. I've heard the new menu is much more "healthy" and lacks the decadent extravagance that the meals used to have. In other words, it's boring now.

Boring could be a good change for them. That decadent extravagance seemed to consist to a large degree of piling food on the plate. I'm always a little leery of places that focus on the quantity of food.