Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken At 1815 Washington Ave.

Mab

C&G, I think we actually have a big story here. Think back to what Midway said was planned for their future projects. I know what Houston Chron is saying but the speculation is very high that this could be a HEB location. There's also a user on Nextdoor reporting, " A friend of mine (who is on here somewhere) ran into Scott McClelland, aka Mr. HEB, and he told him HEB was moving into that space - this happened a few months ago. " Now the problem here is that people can just be claiming they knew all along but you never know... 

I have heard some people talking about this with some pretty firm details.  Who knows whether it can get a green light in the current local economic climate. But Midway built City Centre right in the middle of the Great Recession when everyone else was turning tail (Regency Square, The predecessor to River Oaks district) and came out a big winner.  HEB would print money at that location. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

u2Nwtcu.jpg

Browsed the county clerk site and saw the lease agreement for this so it's true @visitor. Doesn't Houston have enough restaurants? I had my hopes up for a bar.

Thanks for confirming @CrockpotandGravel Not sure if your bar comment was tongue in cheek, but I think Gus's will be a great addition to the avenue. They are opening up a couple of new bars down towards Wescott if that helps. :)

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1815 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken At 1815 Washington Ave.

Archived