Scooby Doo's Pipe Organ Pizza

dpmccann

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I immensely miss my Grandfather (my Mother's Stepfather) ! I remember going to his law office Davidson & Gray and spending a lot of time with my Grandfather (my Mother's Stepfather) there, and they had a large Fig Tree in the backyard. I also remember going to Furrs too. I enjoy going there too eat. A lot of memories are connected to Aldine Bender. My Aunt's Husband/Boyfriend bought her a Baby Chick and my Grandfather (my Mother's Stepfather) took to his law office because we had dogs and cats, we wer frighten that the Baby Chick would be eaten by the other animals. It was Roaster. And the Roaster loved my Grandfather (my Mother's Stepfather) but it hated my Grandfather's (my Mother's Stepfather's) law partner and the Roaster would run and poop on my Grandfather's (my Mother's Stepfather's) law partner's shoes. But the Roaster loved the Children next door too. But we were afraid that someone ate the Roaster at the end. Because we didn't see the Roaster.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I remember visiting Scooby Doo's Pizza in the Greenspoint area of Houston many times when I was kid. For those interested in strolling down memory lane, the building it was once in is still standing and is occupied by Vibe Sports Bat today. Although it's been renovated some of the interior is the same. It's located at 12510 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77060

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There were three Pipe Organ Pizza places that I remember and possibly a fourth.  The first was located on the backside of Memorial City Mall, the second on the Gulf Freeway at Monroe and a third on Greens Rd across from Greens Point mall.  The organs were restored Wurlitzer theater Organs from back the the 20's and 30's I think. The were used to provide the sound tracks as the silent movies played. The has what was called a toy box that contained all the non organ songs.  Two of the organist that were organist at Pipe Organ Pizza are in the Houston area. Johnny Foster is playing keyboards for local churches and Pasadena Hometown Opry. The other that I know about is Jim Connors and he's the organist at a Methodist Church in the Woodlands area.  Jim also plays at local nursing homes in the Woodlands/Tomball area.  Remember the organ at the Astro games, that was Jim Connor leading the charge.                                                                                                                                                       https://johnnyfosterschoolofmusic.vpweb.com/Home.html                         https://jimplaysmusic.com/                                                    

Pipe Organ Pizza, Inc. filed as a Domestic For-Profit Corporation in the State of Texas and is no longer active. This corporate entity was filed approximately thirty-nine years ago on Wednesday, January 14, 1981 , according to public records filed with Texas Secretary of State.

Pipe Organ Pizza, Inc. Overview

Pipe Organ Pizza, Inc. filed as a Domestic For-Profit Corporation in the State of Texas and is no longer active. This corporate entity was filed approximately thirty-nine years ago on Wednesday, January 14, 1981 , according to public records filed with Texas Secretary of State.                                               

I am so happy to hear all this info on pipe organ pizza which I remuneration from 1979 at Memorial City Mall.

i wonder about the disassembled Pip organs......are they lost in some wearhouse or were they purchased by a church and still be played today?

7 hours ago, trymahjong said:

i wonder about the disassembled Pip organs......are they lost in some wearhouse or were they purchased by a church and still be played today?

It's not completely out of the question, but it's somewhat unlikely that a church would purchase a theatre organ, as there are some differences between church and theatre organs:

http://theatreorgans.com/walnuthill/organ004.htm

Perhaps someone from the Houston chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society might know something about the whereabouts of the Pipe Organ Pizza organs.

http://htosonline.com/index.html

• 8 months later...

Archived