What Is Your Favorite Downtown Residential New Development?

downtownian

What is your favorite downtown residential new development?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite downtown residential new development?

• 500 Crawford (Finger apartments near the ballpark)
    • 1111 Rusk Renovation (The Star)
    • Alexan Downtown (6 story Trammell Crow)
    • Block 334
    • The Skyhouse Twins
    • Catalyst
    • Aris Market Square
    • Market Square Tower
    • Eighteen25 (8-story, 242-unit residential building. Allied Orion Group)
    • The Marlowe
    • The Hamilton (Southeast corner of downtown)

Hard for me to pick just one, but I'm going with Aris because it will have a massive impact on the already vibrate Market Square historic district that I regularly frequent. 

2nd place is The Star, then I'm grouping all of the ballpark district apartments (500, Catalyst, Alexan) together as they will all feed off of each other to create a nice neighborhood.

I'd pick The Star as number one - I like that building a lot, and even if it doesn't have the tower portion, it will still be a huge development.

Second choice is the cluster in south downtown, because it's making a nice residential neighborhood

Third - the two towers at market square (Aris > Market Square tower because pizza)

500-Crawford-Apartments-Houston-Downtown

^^^ my fault downtownian.. for not referencing the query thoroughly.  however, my "downtown residential" pick shall be 500 CRAWFORD.

in fact, this development should be named "THE CATALYST"... simply due to the fact that it was this particular LARGE luxury development that acted as the "catalyst" for other

luxury residential developments to follow.  i really really really like this development.... 

Catalyst because it combines a tower portion with townhouses to fill the entire block. Hopefully future developments will do this rather than the Skyhouse format of tower + stand-alone garage. 

Aris Market Square because it looks so promising. Hoping the building will be as handsome as the renderings. 

Townhouse probably wasn't the best description but the Catalyst will have an apartment tower and a lowrise section that will hide the garage and engage the street on the entire block. Included in this will be some retail space as well. It's a top notch development.

That said, if the Marlowe gets off the ground, it could be a game changer. Apartments have proven themselves in this market but a brand new for-sale condo tower hasn't. I hope it makes it and others follow. 

• The title was changed to What Is Your Favorite Downtown Residential New Development?

Archived