Software Upgrade

editor

A couple concerns:

1. I haven't yet figured out how to use BBCode when writing posts.  Or is that no longer allowed?
  2. When running on a widescreen monitor (I run at 1920x1200), there are now large gaps on either sides of the content, making the photos much smaller than they were before.  Please consider giving us an option of changing the style so we aren't forced to have such giant margins (this isn't a concern at lower resolutions, as unless your screen is over ~1400 pixels wide you won't even see any margins).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things for me, and sorry if they've been addressed already... haven't been able to read everything here.

• The site comes out very strange on Android... if you click activities, it pops up in the right on the window so you have to scroll to the right to see what's going on.
  • The site logs me out everytime even though I click Remember Me.

I like the new format but 1 issue for me is still not resolved with the change: I still cannot post pics from my iPhone using "choose files" option as I get a "cannot upload more than 40.96 kb" error message. Thus I continue to link my tweets with pics for now as all of my pics Downtown are taken on the the go during workdays. Really miss the old TapaTalk upload pic format - was quick & easy. 

Can this mobile pic upload issue be resolved?

On safari/iPhone mobile; going back to the previous page loads the entire page again which takes longer than 15 seconds, which sounds pathetic, but honestly, it used to be instant. Also, there's some insanely weird formatting going on with the mobile version and ads. 

Tbh, I've been coming to haif less now that the software has switched over, even tho i like the newer/cleaner interface.

On 3/28/2016 at 8:25 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

On safari/iPhone mobile; going back to the previous page loads the entire page again which takes longer than 15 seconds, which sounds pathetic, but honestly, it used to be instant. Also, there's some insanely weird formatting going on with the mobile version and ads. 

Tbh, I've been coming to haif less now that the software has switched over, even tho i like the newer/cleaner interface.

Agree 100%. Some of those ads take over my screen too and tell me to buy stuff. Don't like the mobile interface at all but it's pretty great on laptop/desktop.

2 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

How do you delete quote boxes? They save as drafts and cannot be deleted. Halp.

You should be able to mouse over the quote, CTRL + right-click, and select "remove quote" from the pop-up context menu. But as IronTiger pointed out elsewhere, this is not always foolproof - I've occasionally had problems with removing quotes on this and other boards running the current version of the software. 

Still don't understand why the site needs to constantly refresh if you go back a page on mobile or desktop. I like the real-time update of keeping track which links you've clicked, but there's gotta be a much easier way to do it than refreshing the page over and over again. It takes like only 10 seconds, but when you're constantly browsing the numerous threads, that stuff adds.

Any way it could be changed so clicking on threads in unread content could bring you to the most recent post or the first unread post instead of the beginning of the first page of the thread? It used to be like that but since the update it only takes you to the first page. Or maybe I'm dumb and am doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, asubrt said:

Any way it could be changed so clicking on threads in unread content could bring you to the most recent post or the first unread post instead of the beginning of the first page of the thread? It used to be like that but since the update it only takes you to the first page. Or maybe I'm dumb and am doing something wrong.

I just click on the link that says when the last post was posted.... Takes me right to the latest post in the thread.

1 hour ago, asubrt said:

Clicking the blue dot/star also works to go to the first thread. Only really notice the change on mobile where the dot is much smaller than the rest of the links 

4 hours ago, cspwal said:

Clicking the blue dot/star also works to go to the first thread. Only really notice the change on mobile where the dot is much smaller than the rest of the links 

Thanks! Didn't even realize the blue dot was a separate link...

On 4/7/2016 at 3:25 AM, Urbannizer said:

I'm unable to revise thread titles post-update.

OK - have to hit edit on the very first post of an topic to do this now. Much prefer how it was done before, the gear that was next to every topic.

I've noticed on mobile that becauss I hit the quote button days ago on a certain post, but decided to never follow through with a response, now every time I try to comment on that thread the post I quoted days ago pops up into the response box. And I can't delete it..? I even tried holding down on the box to get the options to pop up but none of that would delete it.

Perhaps this is a Mac Chrome issue... but I can no longer do quotes, emojis, or any of the text effects such as underlining or bold or whatever.

First world problem, granted.

(edit) oh, and the automatic double space between paragraphs seems to have gone away - though that was six of one, a half dozen of the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with saved/custom activity streams? I can access each subforum just fine from the home page, but when I try to go to my "unread since last visit" saved activity stream, I'm getting the following error using Chrome:

26395377840_fd157ed81c_b.jpg

Hate to pile on, but clicking "like this" gives you a scary error about not being allowed to give reputation to that person

Edit:

Updated to add that it appears that the likes do register :/

I am also not able to "like" particular posts because it says "I don't have permission". I've stayed quiet so far on this software upgrade but after being a member since 2005, have to say, the most recent updates appear that they've slowed daily postings. Maybe that's due to a slowing Houston economy, not sure.  But honestly, what use to be a daily lurk for me, has now become every few days. Forum feels clunky and slow especially on the mobile format. Not good HAIF!

It should feel a little faster now.  Part of the problem is that the database is running into memory/disk space limits.  About 10GB of old logs have been cleared out, and that seems to have helped the speed a lot.

"Liking" is still a problem, but among the problems still being worked on.

37 minutes ago, editor said:

It should feel a little faster now.  Part of the problem is that the database is running into memory/disk space limits.  About 10GB of old logs have been cleared out, and that seems to have helped the speed a lot.

"Liking" is still a problem, but among the problems still being worked on.

So wait, you deleted topics and files, or just "junk"?

Archived