Henry Brashear Building At 910 Prairie St.

Nate99

On the block across Prairie from Cabo,  I noticed today that the doors were open on one of the old buildings with workers coming and going and that there are permits on the windows for plumbing and interior work.

Looks like it used to be a Tapas restaurant, Solero maybe? 

They've been working on that for a while, but I don't know what for. I've seen people up on the balcony sipping wine, but it seemed like a small private gathering.

The inside street level looked gutted and fairly ratty. It smelled like old building too. Not the kind of place I'd expect to host a party, but that all could have been a result of the construction work. 

They've been working on that for a while, but I don't know what for. I've seen people up on the balcony sipping wine, but it seemed like a small private gathering.

That balcony is next door to the building in question. I think it's a law firm.

• 2 years later...

Nothing was visible from the outside due to the double sets of doors, but it appears that construction lights are strung from the ceiling and "MCC Company" has reserved the parking spots out in front until the end of February.  

23959301253_324307a442_b.jpg

Nothing was visible from the outside due to the double sets of doors, but it appears that construction lights are strung from the ceiling and "MCC Company" has reserved the parking spots out in front until the end of February.  

The doors were open when I walked by yesterday. I saw some workers milling around and a scissor lift. It did not look like they had done much yet.

I forgot this was Solero Tapas Bar. Does anyone remember what else was here? Thanks adr for the update and for the history of this building (by the way, here's an archived link to the current page in case it's removed or updated down the line). I find older buildings like this more fascinating because of their history and the architecture. I love seeing how these building can be renovated but keep parts of the building that adds character to it. 

From the website adr provided:

The Swank Lounge was on the second floor above Solero for a number of years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are refurbing the façade. The cornice work at the top looks to be barely hanging on. The Transwestern "For Lease" sign is still up in the window. The door was open when I walked by, and they have removed the floor down to the dirt underneath.

Q6sh17g.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Avossos said:

It could be a real photo, does't mean that is a photo of the space we are talking about...

That's my guess. I imagine it's just a stock photo... wonder if anyone here has been by to see the progress. I'm really interested in this place.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived