East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.

A new bar is in the works for East Village. The name is Nights & Weekends or Nights and Weekends. It will be situated either next to Chapman & Kirby or part of Chapman & Kirby at 2118 Lamar St, Suite 100-B.

The East Village development is also home to Koffeteria, EightyTwo, Seaside Poke, Miss Carousel, Vinny's, Indianola, and the Secret Group.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to East Village Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A new Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing shows Austin-based bar Lustre Pearl is coming to EaDo's East Village development at 1291 St. Emanuel St.

The estimated date of completion is late fall 2022. So, it could open by the end of the year or early 2023 if there aren't any major delays, I'm assuming.

I wonder if it’s the vacant Eightytwo spot?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.houstoncitybook.com/lustre-pearl/particle-1

After opening a highly successful string of bars called Lustre Pearl in ATX — the first of which did for Austin’s Rainey Street district what Pearl Bar did for Wash Ave — Dunlap is rumored to be returning to Houston to open a Lustre Pearl outpost in EaDo. According to a filing with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, Lustre Pearl will open at 2016 Dallas St., across from Indianola/Miss Carousel and Truck Yard.

21 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

https://www.houstoncitybook.com/lustre-pearl/particle-1

After opening a highly successful string of bars called Lustre Pearl in ATX — the first of which did for Austin’s Rainey Street district what Pearl Bar did for Wash Ave — Dunlap is rumored to be returning to Houston to open a Lustre Pearl outpost in EaDo. According to a filing with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, Lustre Pearl will open at 2016 Dallas St., across from Indianola/Miss Carousel and Truck Yard.

Wouldn't that address be where True Anomaly Brewing Company is located?

Edited by Houston19514

13 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Wouldn't that address be where True Anomaly Brewing Company is located?

True Anomaly is located at 2012 Dallas St. but appears to be the same address as 2016 Dallas. I wonder if they are moving out because of the realignment?

kI2rLWP.png

Edited by hindesky

46 minutes ago, hindesky said:

True Anomaly is located at 2012 Dallas St.

kI2rLWP.png

I know, but the only remaining space to the east in the 2000 block is the parking lot. New construction?  Unlikely, it seems. And FWIW, according to HCAD, the parking lot has the address of 2014 Dallas.  No 2016 Dallas seems to exist.

Also to consider, the latest projection I've seen has construction not starting on this segment of the NHHIP until 2027! Maybe they can build a "temporary" building and make enough money in 5'ish years...?

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Citybook Houston reports on Lustre Pearl's expansion to Houston. There isn't an official confirmation from Dunlap ATX, the hospitality group behind the bar, but Dunlap sort of confirms it in a comment underneath Citybook Houston's Instagram post.

Lustre Pearl will be located at 2106 Dallas St, Ste 100, which is possibly part of the East Village development.

After opening a highly successful string of bars called Lustre Pearl in ATX — the first of which did for Austin’s Rainey Street district what Pearl Bar did for Wash Ave — Dunlap is rumored to be returning to Houston to open a Lustre Pearl outpost in EaDo.

More at the link below:

https://www.houstoncitybook.com/lustre-pearl/

On 3/17/2022 at 2:18 PM, phillip_white said:

Silly reporters. Their TDLR filing states "2106 Dallas St Ste. 100," which is next door to Indianola/Miss Carousel instead of across from.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2022010773

Yes, I'm aware of the address listed on the TDLR filing for Lustre Pearl. However, 1201 St Emanuel is the address provided on construction documents uploaded in early February and was also confirmed by Lustre Pearl's representative via social media when I inquired about their forthcoming Houston location. 

It does seem odd there are two different addresses listed. I probably should have noted the address listed on the TDLR site in addition to their construction documents the first time around. Hopefully, Dunlap ATX will provide more details whenever the group decides to send press releases about their Houston expansion.

My apologies for the confusion. 

Here is the most recent site plan for the East Village mixed-use development. The site plan was found in marketing materials for an office space last occupied by Method Architecture.

spacer.png

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2118-Lamar-St-Houston-TX/23976797/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/l1K7Yby6naLBHzeGBz1PdE1pVOJwzrtit3aQ7hja1fo/East%20Village%20Marketing%20Flyer82521.pdf

Added site plan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 12:28 AM, nate4l1f3 said:

I wonder if it’s the vacant Eightytwo spot?

On 2/4/2022 at 7:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

That's a good guess. You're probably right.

I don't know what's taking over the unit where video arcade and bar EightyTwo was located (1201 St Emanuel St, Ste 110). However I think it could be a bar, a club, or maybe both.

The group behind Coconut Club in Austin is possibly opening a bar or club concept at East Village.

I haven't come across any permits or leasing brochures confirming this. Perhaps more details will be released in the coming months.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I don't know what's taking over the unit where video arcade and bar EightyTwo was located (1201 St Emanuel St, Ste 110). However I think it could be a bar, a club, or maybe both.

The group behind Coconut Club in Austin is possibly opening a bar or club concept at East Village.

I haven't come across any permits or leasing brochures confirming this. Perhaps more details will be released in the coming months.

Well the exterior of 82 (which was previously all black) has been painted a bright pink color. So some work is being done at that location. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

12 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Well the exterior of 82 (which was previously all black) has been painted a bright pink color. So some work is being done at that location. 

The club/bar taking over the former EightyTwo unit at 1201 St Emanuel St, Ste 110 is Paradise Palace. It's a nightlife concept from the group behind Austin's Coconut Club, Neon Grotto, and Cuatro Gato.

Paradise Palace was announced on the club's  Instagram in February. Neither the address and area of town were provided.

Coconut Club's design is fun and festive, at least what's shown in photos. It kind of reminds me of a mix of Present Company, Electric Feel Good, and the shuttered Montrose lounge Her. It's probable Paradise Palace will have similar aesthetics.

https://instagram.com/paradisepalace.houston

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:28 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The club/bar taking over the former EightyTwo unit at 1201 St Emanuel St, Ste 110 is Paradise Palace. It's a nightlife concept from the group behind Austin's Coconut Club, Neon Grotto, and Cuatro Gato.

Paradise Palace was announced on the club's  Instagram in February. Neither the address and area of town were provided.

Coconut Club's design is fun and festive, at least what's shown in photos. It kind of reminds me of a mix of Present Company, Electric Feel Good, and the shuttered Montrose lounge Her. It's probable Paradise Palace will have similar aesthetics.

https://instagram.com/paradisepalace.houston

A rendering of Paradise Palace's exterior from Google Maps. Paradise Palace is one of at least two new retail tenants opening soon at East Village, Ancorian's mixed-use development in EaDo.

spacer.png

• Like 9

4 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A rendering of Paradise Palace's exterior from Google Maps. Paradise Palace is one of at least two new retail tenants opening soon at East Village, Ancorian's mixed-use development in EaDo.

spacer.png

That looks so incredibly cheesy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

That looks so incredibly cheesy. 

It’ll do well. Coconut Club & Neon Grotto always have a large crowd, one of the best clubs for adults in Austin imo. Generally house/techno music and queer events.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.
  • 2 weeks later...