610 West Loop Express Lanes

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, kennyc05 said:

Does anyone think the express will get canceled?

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it. Perhaps once they rebuild the 610 main lanes over 59, they'll start on the express lanes?

17 hours ago, Triton said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it. Perhaps once they rebuild the 610 main lanes over 59, they'll start on the express lanes?

My perception is that the express lanes proposal is on hold and not moving forward at this time.

The project is not included in HGAC's 2045 plan, which was recently in the public comment mode. In fact, there are no improvements for the West Loop in the 2045 plan. In my opinion that omission is the worst deficiency of the plan, since the West Loop is the #1 most congested section of highway in Texas.

I think it will take strong advocacy from the Uptown Houston District to get the project moving. And that could be the problem: maybe the Uptown District (or certain influential interests in Uptown, like the owners of Uptown Park) don't want it.

6 hours ago, MaxConcrete said:

My perception is that the express lanes proposal is on hold and not moving forward at this time.

The project is not included in HGAC's 2045 plan, which was recently in the public comment mode. In fact, there are no improvements for the West Loop in the 2045 plan. In my opinion that omission is the worst deficiency of the plan, since the West Loop is the #1 most congested section of highway in Texas.

I think it will take strong advocacy from the Uptown Houston District to get the project moving. And that could be the problem: maybe the Uptown District (or certain influential interests in Uptown, like the owners of Uptown Park) don't want it.

Maybe they are waiting to see the congestion levels once the intersection rebuild is complete, along with the BRT.

• 3 weeks later...

The best too far is the express goes underground for more lns! The bus ln to goes underground! While buildings along are raised above grade level! That’s for the West Loop to be widened! By this, the West Loop will not just be wider, the West Loop too will be wider than the Widened Katy Frwy! That can be a reality, if express lns going underground and buildings are above grade level! That’ll put the Katy Frwy to be the old widest and second widest, due to that the West Loop Frwy becomes the new widest and the widest! 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:07 PM, SkylineView said:

The elevated express lanes are not approved, and money has not been allocated.  The 610/59 rebuild is funded, and site clearing is ongoing.

If the express lanes ever get approved, they must go underground! That’s for the express lanes to have more lanes even more than the Current 8 lanes! Not just that, also for the West Loop to even be wider than the Widened Katy Frwy, knocking Katy Frwy to second place! 

On 10/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, kennyc05 said:

Is the plan still to have the lanes elevated down the center of the freeway?

Best the elevated lanes go underground! That’s for the lanes to be wider than the Current 8 Lanes! Not just that, too knock the Katy Frwy to be the second widest! 

On 5/3/2019 at 9:57 PM, Triton said:

The 610 Main Lns at 69 must go to grade level, while 69 overpasses 610! And the interchange ramps must run above all! IH 69 at 610 must install tunnel feeder rds, just like 610! Northbound 610 at 69 must install a tunnel feeder rd! The 610 Feeder Rds at Richmond Ave and Westpark go below grade level, while 610 Main Lns here go to grade level! Richmond overpasses 610 with with parallel below grade level feeder rds! Westpark at 610 becomes a tlwy that overpasses with below grade level feeder rds! Just along Westpark interesting 610, must be an above grade level railroad tracks, monorail line, and a subway line with flood doors! While the 610 Main Lns at 69 must get underground express lns, the same too with 69 at 610! Once the express lns get constructed, they must go underground to exceed the Current 8 lns! Not just that, for the total of West Loop Frwy Lns, which I have a dream, exceeds the Katy Frwy Lns! Then we’ll forget in the future the Katy Frwy being the widest, due to then the West Loop is the future widest! 

15 minutes ago, Texasota said:

...backs away slowly...

We shall be Pro Tunnel for the express lns! That’ll exceed the Current 8 lns! That’ll even get the lanes of the West Loop to exceed the lanes of the Widened Katy Frwy! That’ll put Katy Frwy being the widest as History! Katy Frwy then becomes like a country road again, due to the Future West Loop Underground Express! 

On 1/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, kennyc05 said:

Does anyone think the express will get canceled?

It wouldn’t! Their people including me urging the express to go underground! That’s for the express to exceed the Current 8 lns! Also, for the West Loop Frwy to challenge and compete with the Widened Katy Frwy, that the West Loop Frwy exceeds lanes of the Katy Frwy! However, the Katy Frwy got widened and before we knew it, became bumper to bumper all over again, which the Katy Frwy being widened was short lived! While the express being elevated will be even less than the 8 lns which will repeat the mistake of the Katy Frwy! Not just that, will even be worse than the Katy Frwy, due to the West Loop has heavier traffic than the Katy Frwy! Esp traffic on the Katy Frwy feeds traffic on the West Loop! 

Archived