Sign in to follow this  
Sparrow

Holiday Inn Express North Main

Sparrow    277

Holiday Inn Express to go in at North Main and I-45--on next planning commission agenda. Not likely to be anything spectacular, but with the small footprint of less than an acre and a half, should be of some interest. SWC Norma and North Main. Grota Street officially abandoned by COH last month.

85 rooms. 6 floors.

Edited by Sparrow
  • Like 2

Triton    8871

Holiday Inn Express to go in at North Main and I-45--on next planning commission agenda. Not likely to be anything spectacular, but with the small footprint of less than an acre and a half, should be of some interest. SWC Norma and North Main. Grota Street officially abandoned by COH last month.

85 rooms. 6 floors.

Were those numbers in the planning commission?

Sparrow    277

Elevation and site plan are on the current planning commission agenda pdf if anyone is able to grab those and post. Nothing impressive. Fairly depressing actually. But hey, it's progress I suppose.

Sparrow    277

CTZnw46UsAATTif.png

As I look at this I can't help but think how very poorly the building placement in the middle of the lot results in wasted space--look at all of that driveway encircling the entire building. Just eyeballing it without actually doing up a schematic, better building placement should result in additional parking spaces by reducing the wasted driveway acreage. I'm sure it's just the visual perception I'm getting, no doubt they did their due diligence, but it just seems like a poor choice. Building setbacks no doubt play a part, but that's what they're seeking a variance for anyhow I believe.

HNathoo    130

Depending on where your building is placed relative to roads, you might need to have fire lane access around your building. This is generally why so many non-urban properties are built like this.

As I look at this I can't help but think how very poorly the building placement in the middle of the lot results in wasted space--look at all of that driveway encircling the entire building. Just eyeballing it without actually doing up a schematic, better building placement should result in additional parking spaces by reducing the wasted driveway acreage. I'm sure it's just the visual perception I'm getting, no doubt they did their due diligence, but it just seems like a poor choice. Building setbacks no doubt play a part, but that's what they're seeking a variance for anyhow I believe.

Triton    8871

The hotel just a couple of blocks from WOMH is starting construction now:

holidayinn2.png

holidayinn.png

• Like 6

On 7/27/2017 at 11:03 AM, Triton said:

The hotel just a couple of blocks from WOMH is starting construction now:

holidayinn2.png

holidayinn.png

But this isn't part of the White Oak Music Hall development, right?

• Like 1

Triton    8871
3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

But this isn't part of the White Oak Music Hall development, right?

Yes, I didn't realize we already had a hotel thread. I'll merge it over there.

• Like 1