Urbannizer

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cspwal said:

Maybe they should just paint a giant mural on each side

What?  And cover up all that glorious "brickwork?"  Shame on you.

every member of the planning commission and every elected politician in the city should feel a huge sense of shame.

What really gets me is the City wants people to live downtown. There are incentives for development and tax credits for people who purchase. And then they allow this to go up and literally ruin the views from The Bayou Lofts. The view wasn't great to begin with but now they get a garage which might be obnoxiously lit at night like a few of them seem to be. Good luck selling a unit looking this direction. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adding parking is not the issue.  Adding nothing to said vibrancy and putting up a building that seems to be an actual attempt at the ugliest building possible is the problem.  Lyric Centre garage will add parking and help further the progression of the neighborhood that it benefits from.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:51 PM, KinkaidAlum said:

Yeah, just what we need, a garage enticing people to drive to the bars! 

Driving to bars isn't the problem, it's the driving from bars where the trouble starts...

If they would follow the lead of the parking lot behind he Icon hotel, and plant vines like jasmine or some other fast growing hearty vines on the hurricane fencing at least it would add some greenery to contrast with the brick color of the concrete. 

Everyone needs to send this image to Bob Eury and ask him what's wrong with this picture?

On 7/9/2017 at 9:34 PM, bobruss said:

If they would follow the lead of the parking lot behind he Icon hotel, and plant vines like jasmine or some other fast growing hearty vines on the hurricane fencing at least it would add some greenery to contrast with the brick color of the concrete. 

Everyone needs to send this image to Bob Eury and ask him what's wrong with this picture?

I guess they saw your post and liked the idea. Trellis going up.

9qn0uzX.jpg

EwGCANY.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hindesky said:

More trellis going up, this is a good thing. I hope they do something with the bland north and east sides too.

Agreed.  This is how those sides looked this weekend:

34Mk9zS.jpg

The lot is very small and not likely to get an 11 story+ tower to cover up this wall any time soon.  There are many more blocks that aren't so small and in the floodplain that I would think would get developed before this.  So I revise my statement to say that I don't foresee a building covering the north side for 20+ years.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Garage At Franklin St. And Milam St.
  • The title was changed to SP+ Parking Garage At 114 Travis St.

Archived