Urbannizer

Franklin + Milam: 10-Story Garage

141 posts in this topic

Any clue what side of Franklin and Milam this is? I assume it covers part of the northeast corner on the same block as the old Toc bar. If so, I wonder where its footprint will be.

Yeah I think it's the northeast corner - if it was replacing the Chase bank drive-thru they wouldn't have said "one block north of market square".  And the northwest corner would mean they would be jutting over the bayou - the rendering looks a full block wide, and a half block deep

I like how there are people just hanging out in the parking garage. 

Nine stories of parking and new groundfloor retail replacing those sketchy TOC Bar surface lots one block from my bar I want to kiss this developer on the mouth.

4 people like this

Nine stories of parking and new groundfloor retail replacing those sketchy TOC Bar surface lots one block from my bar I want to kiss this developer on the mouth.

I've been meaning to check out your bar but at the same time I'm trying to drink less. Is it casual?  Can I show up in trainers and jeans?

I've been meaning to check out your bar but at the same time I'm trying to drink less. Is it casual?  Can I show up in trainers and jeans?

Absolutely.  

Absolutely.  

I visited for the first time on Friday and really enjoyed it - especially the historical detail. Nice job man.

1 person likes this

Could this possibly be replacing the BOA on the same block as La Carafe? Not sure if that lot is big enough for this, but it is one block North of Market Square

1 person likes this

Really want to check out yourbar - do you have beer?

We do!  Six on draft and an assortment of bottles and cans, with a focus on local brews.

That garage will come in handy once Market Square garage gets taken over by the tower next door.

1 person likes this

I'm not a big fan of parking garages. But this one actually looks pretty decent!

Good news, it's promising parking with ground floor retail is going up in this part of downtown. Hopefully with the Rockets and Astros being good for the foreseeable future, we can see a lot more downtown action.

1 person likes this

Over the weekend, all of the parking curbs and meters were stripped from this lot, leaving a completely blank surface.  There are orange cones preventing would-be parkers from entering the lot.  I will keep an eagle eye out for future developments (utilities marking would come next, I suspect; followed by core samples).

Also there is a wild and skin-of-teeth-substantiated rumor/theory that Spaghetti Warehouse (a block away) is looking to build a garage and movement on this is related to their outreach.  Apparently they approached the Bayou Lofts about buying their garage several months ago, which was/is nearly at full capacity.

26832093352_57fabbbf7f_b.jpg

Edited by adr
4 people like this

Ah, so that's what this is. Was about to start a thread. They have fenced off the property and have crew around the lot.

Yep.  Fenced off.  Per the crew this is now slated to be an 11 story garage, rather than 9.  

2 people like this

5 hours ago, adr said:

Yep.  Fenced off.  Per the crew this is now slated to be an 11 story garage, rather than 9.  

Awesome. But hopefully it doesn't look like a cheap garage.

1 person likes this