What do I do with my HAIF cards?

IronTiger

Years ago, a number of TheHAIF.com cards were printed as business cards and sent them to HAIF members to whoever wanted them. Today, I still have most of mine. What do I do with them? Does anyone want a piece of HAIF history, by the way?

I still have a couple in a shoebox in my spare closet as a keepsake. How many do you have? If you ever strike up a conversation with someone about any issues our city face, local history, or design of a particular buildinghand them to that person.

I tried to get my dad on here a while back because he has a lot for first hand accounts of the city throughout the 60's until today (but with no luck). I even tried to get some friends on here but I guess you have to really stumble on the HAIF and lurk for a little while (or make someone angry enough to signup to reply).

Anyways, hand them out if you can. The more the merrier. I wouldn't want HAIF to be flooded with Chron commenters but once in a while we get a valuable contributer.

When I read the subject line, I was almost hoping that "HAIF cards" were something like Cards Against Humanity, but with a local twist.

I'd like to see a "HAIF: The Collectible Card Game", but I'm not sure it would involve members ("I'll trade you five nativehoustonions for an Urbannizer, though I'm keeping my TheNiche holographic card") or buildings ("ANOTHER mattress store?! Geez, no wonder these things are marked as Common! I wonder what my long-discontinued Auchan card is worth.") 

• 2 weeks later...

So tell me more about HAIF: The Collectible Card Game.

or is it HAIF! The Collectible Card Game.

do you have to tap more than 4 lanes of roadway to play the card "ashby highrise", can your opponent counter it with the "NIMBY" card?

I'm assuming the card "University rail line" is an ultra rare card, but even if you manage to have the card, putting it in your deck is pointless: due to a game mechanic, it's impossible to actually play and consumes half your resources.

what's the goal of the game? maybe it's kind of like 'pandemic' and is a cooperation game where everyone has x number of turns to work together to achieve a certain goal. maybe it's to achieve a certain population, or save the astrodome, or build a theme park? Perhaps there's a wildcard dice roll type thing where it kills the game immediately because oil prices drop?

• 1 year later...

Reuploaded pictures due to Dropbox removing support for the Public Folder. This also means my all the stuff I scanned from Houston Post's microfilms is down as well, but don't worry, plans are already in the works to restore it.

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2437.JPGIMG_2438.JPG

Archived