Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Richmond Loop Plaza Redevelopment

Naviguessor    1186

Just finished my second helping of Luling's BBQ (Catered Office Lunch).  It is still excellent, Larry.  Gee...I hope that they aren't going anywhere. 

hindesky    16194

As long as Bayou City Seafood and Pasta finds a new location close enough to me I would be OK with this.

Urbannizer    30489

Unfortunately this is just exterior renovations to the strip center.

http://www.dyad-inc.com/bid-calendar/bid-richmond-loop-plaza-retail/

EDIT: I guess this will be redeveloped later on? From 11/2015:

Kathy Savell, The Pinnell Group, LLC, 26730 Interstate 45 North, Spring, Texas, 77386, on behalf of Richmond Loop Plaza, Ltd., (Andrew Bernstein, President), requested the abandonment and sale of a 10-foot-wide utility easement, being out of Lots 8 through 12, located within Block 1 of the Atwood Villas Subdivision, out of the William White Survey.  Richmond Loop Plaza, Ltd., abutting property owner, plans to construct a new hotel and retail development over the abandonment area.  The Joint Referral Committee reviewed and approved this request.

http://houston.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/CoverSheet.aspx?ItemID=6036&MeetingID=130

Another EDIT: The existing strip center will be demolished. A portion of the site will go to a new, smaller strip center while the other half will be redeveloped into a hotel with retail.

• Like 4

LarryDierker    3129

Luling's BBQ City Market BBQ, Bayou City Seafood & Pasta, Heberts Specialty Meats and Salonliz will be housed in the strip center.

This is good news.

SkylineView    1215

Something is happening on the site.  I can't tell if it's what is shown in the previously posted plat above, or just a re-facing of the existing structure.  It doesn't really look like a full demo.  Anyone have any additional info?  I'm petrified that something could happen to Luling, which would crush me to the core of my soul.  

Must.  Have.  Jalapeno.  Sausage.

• Like 1

gene    809

my gosh yes i used to love the 2 restaurants mentioned...i dont know why i think of this as a no mans land area haha...i need to go there more and good to see that little area getting a facelift! thanks for reminding me how good those places are!

• Like 1