Typhoon Texas Water Park At 555 Katy Fort Bend Rd.

Katydogs1

Just thought it was kind of funny that some people from Katy would complain about a new development bringing more traffic with it.. As if that isn't the epitome of what (new) Katy is.

Of course they'd complain in Katy about more traffic. More traffic means slower evacuations in case of a hurricane.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

• Like 3

Haha I'm joking man... no I totally get the crazy traffic argument, but this would be a nice addition to the Houston area.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this is outside the acceptable driving distance (for a generic waterpark) for most residents of the Greater Houston area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be in the City of Katy if it was off of 99 somewhere. Many people in "Katy" don't realize they don't actually live in Katy, so they say things like that. It is the same reason why the new football stadium was built in the City of Katy and then people living south of 10 complained. There will be road improvements too, so no need to worry there. I doubt a waterpark creates a big traffic nightmare here. It isn't like it would be year round either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this is outside the acceptable driving distance (for a generic waterpark) for most residents of the Greater Houston area.

A straight shot down I10, especially on weekends?  That's within the acceptable driving distance for many residents of the greater Houston area.

Drone footage and construction photos

http://swamplot.com/flying-over-the-typhoon-currently-under-construction-next-to-katy-mills-mall/2015-12-09/

Lazy river currently in drought conditions, is a lazy gulch

typhoon-texas-construction-2.jpg

Looks like you could leave a little graffiti in the wet concrete if you could sneak down there. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...