Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

1 hour ago, lockmat said:

Then I'm voting it the worst scaled rendering of all time. Because the office tower is only showing to be about 13 stories shorter than Chase and it's right across the street so there is no distance distortion.

There is your answer. 

5b50c07c8abed_image(22).thumb.jpg.4f1051fb646ab5448d617f2ae52a7b51.jpg

I think it's just a very poor rendering of the residential aspect, which so far we haven't gotten a good image of. As I said before, I think it's a residential tower on block 42 with different design elements.... Looks to be all glass on the corners as CREguy had indicated it would be. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, enriquewx91 said:

Block 42 building only solidifies the need for a big brand grocery store in the Market Square area. HEB you listening!!

Might be too close to the other HEB at Buffalo Heights but I now feel like a great spot would be the Chase ATM building next to Market Square Park at the corner of Congress and Milam. They would just have to figure out the flooding aspect of it. 

43 minutes ago, wxman said:

Can somebody piece together a rendering of what all this will look like coming in from the North Frwy?

it's going to look sweet! though i'm starting to think it may block part if not all of 609 Main from that vantage point as well as One Houston Center

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Might be too close to the other HEB at Buffalo Heights but I now feel like a great spot would be the Chase ATM building next to Market Square Park at the corner of Congress and Milam. They would just have to figure out the flooding aspect of it. 

I was thinking about this location the other day.  Suppose a base parking garage with well-elevated store (thinking of the Bellaire Market on the upper levels here--once you go up, one could in theory have multiple levels of parking below the store) and comparatively small residential tower above that.

22 hours ago, lockmat said:

There's no way. It's too far away from this new Hines office tower, it's too short and doesn't look anything like it.

Edit: You could be right. I think the spacing of the two Hines buildings is way off. They're diagonally across the street from one another but based on the rendering it looks like at least two blocks separates them. And unless the Hines resi building is super tall, One Market Square is much taller than what it's showing, and there is no slanted roof.

Also if you look at your numbered rendering you'll see that the crown is nothing like all of the renderings of the Hines tower so I don't know where you found that rendering but something is not right plus it seems from that view you would see the Republic bank bldg. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, Urbannizer said:

41682248490_74cb4340b2_h.jpg

2 hours ago, bobruss said:

Also if you look at your numbered rendering you'll see that the crown is nothing like all of the renderings of the Hines tower so I don't know where you found that rendering but something is not right plus it seems from that view you would see the Republic bank bldg. 

I cropped it from this rendering.

I worked for a client once from Saudi Arabia that was obsessed with showing his structure in cities around the world to compare it’s height to landmarks. He had me place it next to the Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building, etc... wasted thousands of dollars of his company’s money. The running joke around the office of course was that he was obsessed with it for anatomical inadequacies.  He was a smart man and very nice but had such a childish attitude about height of buildings.

2 hours ago, texas911 said:

moo. Missed opportunity here. I look at what's happening in the rest of the world and wonder why Houston can't come up with a signature skyscraper for its skyline.

It may not be super tall, but grading on the uniqueness and sleekness of the design, I'll give it a B+.

17 hours ago, lockmat said:

I cropped it from this rendering.

You're right. I hadn't even noticed the residential building in the first rendering I was so taken by the tower. I see what your saying.

I was hoping for a much taller high rise residential tower and I thought you were referencing theHines  tower with your rendering and couldn't figure out what was going on. Its all clear now. So it looks like the new residential tower will be a little bit taller than the Market Square high rise by a few feet. 

If we could find a higher resolution version of the stack diagram (I can't post it here because image posting still seems to be broken; somehow ekdrm2d1 and blakevirgilio figured out how, but I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and none will post photos), we could know for sure, but the low resolution version posted by blakevirgilio appears to say something like 720 feet if you squint.  Also, Block 42 looks like it says 520 feet on that same diagram.  Wish we could get a better copy of the image!

2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

On desktop, drag the image from whichever page to your post on HAIF. The image will be seen by everyone. That method also works for web addresses or links. Put the link in the search bar, highlight it and then drag to your editing field on HAIF. It's a workaround for now until the admin fixes the board.

Thank you!  Now if only I could "like" your post!

This is the image I was referring to:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/uploads/monthly_2018_07/5b50c07e5f261_image(23).jpg.5545ea035ab4ebcd57ed2571b4e269d9.jpg

• Like 1