Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

I think the residential component is slated to be 40 - 45 floors.  Hopefully they are tearing down the garage and close to a groundbreaking - this is becoming a dense residential neighborhood.

CRE - did you think the residential project will be on block 42 or on block 58? Your comment about tearing down the garage made me think perhaps this is 2 separate towers you saw? Both residential?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Right so for background, I was able to review Hines Block 58 Marketing book that highlighted all on their new office project (Block 58) in great detail.  On a few of the pages where they showed the impact on the skyline from different vantage points, they showed the proposed high rise on Block 42.  The proposed high rise was clearly residential and looked to be as tall if not a few floors taller than Market Square Tower, with nearly all glass facing Market Square park.  I have no knowledge of the project outside of these renderings - but the impact on the northern portion of our skyline was immense.  Hopefully the filing of these plats are a good sign.

Wow... I really need to lower my expectations right now because they are sky high!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Right so for background, I was able to review Hines Block 58 Marketing book that highlighted all on their new office project (Block 58) in great detail.  On a few of the pages where they showed the impact on the skyline from different vantage points, they showed the proposed high rise on Block 42.  The proposed high rise was clearly residential and looked to be as tall if not a few floors taller than Market Square Tower, with nearly all glass facing Market Square park.  I have no knowledge of the project outside of these renderings - but the impact on the northern portion of our skyline was immense.  Hopefully the filing of these plats are a good sign.

Thank you sir!

I didn't think Block 58 would be full residential. Seemed to be suited for office or mixed use office. This makes sense.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Triton said:

Wow... I really need to lower my expectations right now because they are sky high!

Same here.  While it was only preliminary drawings and everything is subject to change if/when this were to break ground, we must remember this is Hines.  And if you look at the immediate area with 609 Main, Aris MS, MST and Capitol Tower, these are all of the highest quality in their asset classes and are doing very well.  As we've seen time again, the Hines effect is real and we should expect this area to continue to reflect that.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, REDev89 said:

The block 42 highrise is all residential and currently at 46 stories. This would take half the block (old HC parking garage).

Be still, my racing heart.  That'd be quite an addition, in and of itself.

As to Block 58, I'm sure Hines is well aware of the proposed tower at One Market Square given that they were tied down in litigation regarding tunnel access for that site.  I can't help but think Hines would want to ensure their building would make the bigger splash, even if One Market Square gets built.  That gives me a sense of optimism for this site.  :)

• Like 3

So there are three blocks in this area: 42, 43, and 58. Hines owns and is slated to develop blocks 42 and 58. 43 is where one market square/international tower is slated to go on.

Is block 58 currently the surface parking lot or is that 43? Something isn't quite adding up.

• 2 weeks later...