Were There Any RAX Roast Beef Restaurants In Houston

IronTiger

After reading about Del Taco and hearing other stories of fast-foods-no-longer in Houston like the first stand of Krispy Kreme (looks like it will open in June), I'm wondering if there were any RAX Roast Beef stores in Houston in the 1980s. Today, the restaurant is camping out in Ohio and the states adjacent to it with just a little over a dozen stores but in the 1980s during its peak it had over 500 stores in 38 states, so I'm thinking it was plausible that it had at least one or two restaurants in Houston. The restaurants featured fancy architecture (solariums and wood paneling) with salad bars and other features. Does this sound familiar to anyone, or did Houston miss out?

After reading about Del Taco and hearing other stories of fast-foods-no-longer in Houston like the first stand of Krispy Kreme (looks like it will open in June), I'm wondering if there were any RAX Roast Beef stores in Houston in the 1980s. Today, the restaurant is camping out in Ohio and the states adjacent to it with just a little over a dozen stores but in the 1980s during its peak it had over 500 stores in 38 states, so I'm thinking it was plausible that it had at least one or two restaurants in Houston. The restaurants featured fancy architecture (solariums and wood paneling) with salad bars and other features. Does this sound familiar to anyone, or did Houston miss out?

I don't think they ever entered Houston.  There was one in Lafayette that I went to a few times in the mid-80s.

I remember really liking the shakes there for some reason.

• The title was changed to Were There Any RAX Roast Beef Restaurants In Houston?
  • The title was changed to Were There Any RAX Roast Beef Restaurants In Houston

Archived