JasnoDTX

Dallas/Fort Worth Photo/Video Thread

JasnoDTX    538

I have to agree with Native. I go to DMetropolis to peruse but I HATE their layout and it IS one of the reasons I enjoy this site (and Fort Worth's Page too) as well as SSC..

I wish Dallas would get a site just like this one.

To Native's question:

The tallest U/C is the 33 story Bleu Ciel

&

30 Story Katy Station.

There's some other news I will update on the development thread later.

texan41    46

I have to agree with Native. I go to DMetropolis to peruse but I HATE their layout and it IS one of the reasons I enjoy this site (and Fort Worth's Page too) as well as SSC..

I wish Dallas would get a site just like this one.

To Native's question:

The tallest U/C is the 33 story Bleu Ciel

&

30 Story Katy Station.

There's some other news I will update on the development thread later.

Sure you can hate the layout and whatnot but it's a very good website nonetheless. It has some of the most informative and well connected members that every once in a while let us know little inside information on projects u/c or in the future. 

It up to 30 floors tops out to 49 floors with a crown.  The garage is toped out 2 floors underground, 10 above.  There will be a garden on top of the garage.  On the webcam you can see 5 more buildings under construction.  The Marriott Marquis on the right side it top out at 29 floors.  On the let hand side you see The Catalyst by Minute Maid Park it will be 28 floors.  Rental units that will opened last quarter 2016.  Please send some webcams of Dallas.   :)     

texan41    46

It up to 30 floors tops out to 49 floors with a crown.  The garage is toped out 2 floors underground, 10 above.  There will be a garden on top of the garage.  On the webcam you can see 5 more buildings under construction.  The Marriott Marquis on the right side it top out at 29 floors.  On the let hand side you see The Catalyst by Minute Maid Park it will be 28 floors.  Rental units that will opened last quarter 2016.  Please send some webcams of Dallas.   :)     

Lol you can see some here...

http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/forumdisplay.php/85-DFWU-Videography

• Like 1

I had taken a look at Hines' website last evening and it says it is 48 floors: http://www.609mainattexas.com/

With 30 out of 48 done that is 63% complete.

With that many floors completed so far it must have some tenants already lined up.  How much pre-leasing has occurred for 609 Main?

JasnoDTX    538

Nice mini time lapse of the little Rolex building courtesy of Native's favorite poster Sick 'Em Bears.

6XzyDgL.gif

• Like 6

I had taken a look at Hines' website last evening and it says it is 48 floors: http://www.609mainattexas.com/

With 30 out of 48 done that is 63% complete.

With that many floors completed so far it must have some tenants already lined up.  How much pre-leasing has occurred for 609 Main?

Very good question.  Urbannizer stated 49 floors, skyscraperpage.com stated 48 floors.  There are two underground floors that connect to the tunnel system.  It was 41 floors but Hines raise the floor count.  It will be 757 feet tall.  There is leasing activity per Hines employee I know and a announcement will come soon.  I'm going with Urbannizer he is a moderator of HAIF and always give us updates.  

JasnoDTX    538

I don't understand where is the crane?  Why is it called Rolex Building?  Thank god it is time lapsed!  LOL thanks keep more coming! Meow. :o

They just started. Maybe the crane will go up soon. Should be a fast project since its  little building.

They call it the Rolex because they are gonna try to make it look like a watch. Apparently Rolex is now suing them because their use of the name.

:lol:

Very good question.  Urbannizer stated 49 floors, skyscraperpage.com stated 48 floors.  There are two underground floors that connect to the tunnel system.  It was 41 floors but Hines raise the floor count.  It will be 757 feet tall.  There is leasing activity per Hines employee I know and a announcement will come soon.  I'm going with Urbannizer he is a moderator of HAIF and always give us updates.  

Sorry it is at 24 or 25 floors now. It is a very complex building and they are doing 1 1/2 floors per week.  Hines wants LEED Platinum for this beautiful tower.  Weather permitted they will raise the cranes in January.  Top out maybe in April.

texan41    46

I don't understand where is the crane?  Why is it called Rolex Building?  Thank god it is time lapsed!  LOL thanks keep more coming! Meow. :o

If I'm not mistaken its called the Rolex building because it is going to be Rolex offices. They already have a pretty big Dallas office in an old 80's office building right next door and they just wanted to have better and more modern offices. 

JasnoDTX    538

That is so funny!  I did see pictures of it how cool!  Where should I stay?  Does the rail not far from W Hotel?

Motel 6. Save some money.

Just dress up nicely and walk into the Azure or W and pretend you live there. Wear your diamond studded cat collar, )))

slfunk    21

They just started. Maybe the crane will go up soon. Should be a fast project since its  little building.

They call it the Rolex because they are gonna try to make it look like a watch. Apparently Rolex is now suing them because their use of the name.

:lol:

Its called the Rolex building because its being built for Rolex's new office.  Current one is located across the street in an older building.

slfunk    21

:wacko:  No offense but doesn't that make the first one kinda.... pointless. 

The first one was an extension of Woodall Rogers freeway and becomes a local road on the West side of the Trinity.  It provides better access to West Dallas and has spawned new development in an area called Trinity Grooves.  The second bridge (the second of three originally proposed) is part of redeveloping I-30 and I-35 (the horseshoe project).  The third signature bridge will not be built. 

The naysayers will say one if not both are pointless in lieu of your standard Txdot bridge.  In the end, we have a large number of people that are now discovering / rediscovering the Trinity River thanks to not only the bridge but what the city / voters are pushing for and building.  The bridges are part of the overall park design, and do create a nice walking / biking environment.  They've done architectural lighting below the first bridge that creates really cool space.  Also, the old bridge the first one replaced has become an elevated park and has already hosted a number of events.

• Like 2