Dallas/Fort Worth Photo/Video

Surprised no one started a thread like this sooner. Didn't check though. I have another thread for the nature photos but this one should have been made as well..I'm not sure if/why aren't embedded videos allowed but we can still post vid links. I have tones. Might do one for Houston too on a different board if it hasn't been done. Who doesnt like media about our prized Texas cities? :D

Feel free to add yours.

Kicking it off right! This one is great. Just came across. Recent flooding in the North Texas has caused this nice site! Imagine if it could stay like this or just a little lower without the trees in the middle:) If they would just build a dam maybe it could?

17817809431_72473c3d54_b.jpg17814577922_ba6c1e4852_b.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

^Thanks. I got this off DesertPunk on SSC.

Hopefully that Galleria cluster in the far left background will grow. The 1st phase of Scott Beck's "Midtown" development has supposedly been approved and the first tower is supposed to go up by the end of this year. *fingers crossed* :P

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2015/05/22/exclusivescott-beck-gets-city-go-ahead-for-4b.html

Darn I should put this on the other thread instead.)

• 3 months later...

A Dallas cityscape view that would make big brother Houston proud.

Check this out around 6:05:

:P :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lh65vVeg1I&feature=youtu.be&t=364

More Dallas photos/vids should be taken at this angle though it is difficult. I live near the very last tower at the end (Abrams Centre) Yes still within city limits.

Forbes rated Houston number 1 as the fastest growing city 2015.  Austin number 2 and Dallas number 3, but that might include DFW.  You guys are tied at the hip. 

Houston should overtake Chicago as number 3 city in U.S. by 2020. Chicagoans on the net talk trash about H-Town and I defend it. They are scared of falling to number 4.

I'd like to see Dallas retake number 2 spot in Texas. SA's larger area benefits them but when you compare counties (not metros) Dallas Country has almost 700k more people than Bexar county 2,518,638 Vs 1,855,866. One could argue it has a bigger city feel to.

/and Dallas number 3, but that might include DFW.  You guys are tied at the hip./

Of course it does. The list is about metros. Sugarland and Baytown is included in yours.

Seriously we should be proud that Texas has the top 3 spots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's a huge statement. The rest of the country is hatin it.

Forbes rated Houston number 1 as the fastest growing city 2015.  Austin number 2 and Dallas number 3, but that might include DFW.  You guys are tied at the hip.

That is an old article from January of this year based on older data from 2014 and earlier.  A lot has happened since that data was collected, like a major oil plunge and all that goes with it, so datapoints collected for the article have lost relevance when looking at what is happening today. 

Dallas at number 3 in the article is Dallas and its metro only; it does not include Ft. Worth/Arlington.  

The graphic in the article states Dallas-Plano-Irving Metro (not DFW MSA):

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45eegeg/3-dallas-texas-2/

Dallas has been leaving Ft. Worth in the dust for some time now.  Ft. Worth has a heavier dependence on energy, and is not as diversified as Dallas, and with the oil downturn Ft. Worth has been suffering.

In the article Houston is listed as Houston-The Woodlands-Sugarland MSA.

I always thought that Dtown built their highways like Houston with only concrete. Is the asphalt thing a newish development, is it simply an overlay (like on Beltway 8 for a portion or Tomball Tollway), or am I just wrong on all accounts?

I don't know much about road construction but that whole underground highway is brand spankin new. So the black asphalt isnt covering up something old. Its all new. The videos kinda explain more about it.

A new portion of the 635 main lanes is also covered in asphalt.  However, this portion is west of I-35E, and asphalt may have been used to achieve a smooth transition with the adjacent existing portion of 635, which was covered in asphalt.

I don't know much about road construction but that whole underground highway is brand spankin new. So the black asphalt isnt covering up something old. Its all new. The videos kinda explain more about it.

Sorry, I don't mean an overlay over an established road; I know the double decker is new, but I figured most Texas roads are built using concrete. I'm curious if the poured a concrete slab and then put down an asphalt overlay like they've done in portions of the toll road here in Houston, mainly as a test piece.

The lighting can change to any color or none at all. Even do a light show.  Andy Warhol said he loved it.

A few Dallas rappers have referred to the Reunion as a giant microphone. I never saw it like that. Pretty cool! It does)

Supposed to be a dandelion.

Archived