Aria At Medical Center: Proposed Condominiums Near Bertner Ave.

Just to be clear, that picture is not a rendering nor is it even the actual location, it's just a stock picture of the med center. The building in the foreground is the new Baylor hospital at OST & Cambridge. The location of this project is Fannin & Lehall (just south of Braeswood), and it is only 27 units so probably not very tall.

Just to be clear, that picture is not a rendering nor is it even the actual location, it's just a stock picture of the med center. The building in the foreground is the new Baylor hospital at OST & Cambridge. The location of this project is Fannin & Lehall (just south of Braeswood), and it is only 27 units so probably not very tall.

Ok good so I'm NOT crazy >.> I thought maybe I've been drinking to many Monsters lately!

Exclusive: Proposed luxury rentals near Texas Medical Center to serve international patients

per the business journal

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=7

I think, maybe, you meant to paste this link instead: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/05/11/exclusive-proposed-luxury-rentals-near-texas.html

:ph34r:

Here are some excerpts:

Heritage plans to demolish an auto body shop — Med Center Collision — that is currently on the site, and build a high-end rental condominium project on the property, CEO Kayvon Haghpeykar told the Houston Business Journal.

The project — called Aria at Medical Center — will have 27 rental units ranging in size from 1,500 to 3,000 square feet. The one- to three-bedroom units will be handicapped-accessible, fully furnished and feature modern, high ceilings and high-end fit and finishes. Rental prices will be about $3 or $4 per foot per month.

The project will cater to an estimated 20,000 wealthy foreign visitors who travel to Houston each year for cutting-edge medical care in the world’s largest medical district: Texas Medical Center.

Heritage is working with local architect EDI International, Inc. on the project’s design. Haghpeykar said he hopes to break ground on Aria at Medical Center in early 2016 and complete the project by the end of 2016.

And the site location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Med+Center+Collision/@29.699654,-95.400743,17z/

Only 27 units but the lot is less than half an acre (0.44 ac, I think).  That's only ~20,000 sq ft so the floors can't be all that big

Just wondering if this will be something similar in scale to One Montrose Place (also by Heritage Home builders), which is 7 stories.  Just found this description of that development:

One Montrose Place has seven floors containing 34 condo units and 4 penthouses. Floor areas range from 1,337 to 1,545 square feet for regular condos and 1,834 to 2,932 for penthouse suites

What the heck is a "rental condominium"?

Separately, the Four Seasons Downtown has furnished apartments that they rent. I am aware that some of them are used by family/patients at the med center who have come for treatment from other locales. This new project will compete with that.

• The title was changed to Aria At Medical Center: Proposed Condominiums Near Bertner Ave.

Archived