Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

Tradition Senior Living - Main & Buffalo Speedway, 316 units

OkieEric    384

Surprised Lovett hasn't already grabbed that parcel.  I'm expecting yet more townhomes there

That flyer has some great aerial shots - my question is how much longer will those single story storage units last?  Talk about a waste of real estate...  Hopefully these new developments along S. Main will eventually spread East of Main St down there as well 

brian0123    360

I live in Knollwood so I'm very interested this. It's an awesome lot. Any clue on the buyer? Crossing fingers for an HEB with some mixed use to walk to.

Avossos    877

I live in Knollwood so I'm very interested this. It's an awesome lot. Any clue on the buyer? Crossing fingers for an HEB with some mixed use to walk to.

Seems highly doubtful based on the shape.

brian0123    360

That's a large hole. Would that be for retention/lake?

• Like 1

OkieEric    384

I know there has been a lot of vacant land in this area up until recently, but the neighboring single story storage facilities seem like such a massive waste of real estate.  Discount mini storage (9419 Buffalo Speedway) alone has about 5 acres of land.  Unfortunately, this stretch of South Main is littered with them

• Like 1

Urbannizer    30523

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/High-end-senior-apartments-planned-near-Texas-11655560.php

tbs%20rendering%207-24-17-crop-u1076873_

A long-vacant tract along Buffalo Speedway inside Loop 610 is being transformed into the Tradition-Buffalo Speedway, consisting of 316 units with landscaped courtyards, underground parking and a dog park.

The residences, opening in late 2018, will come with such amenities as housekeeping, transportation to doctor appointments and grocery stores, exercise classes and a variety of on-site restaurants.

The project on nearly 8 acres at 9339 Buffalo Speedway will consist of a 222-unit independent living building with four and five stories. It will connect with a three-story, 94-unit assisted-living/memory-care building next door, with amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness center, salon and movie theater between.

Tradition Senior Living, which purchased the 12-acre tract last year, is selling more than 4 acres along Main Street to an apartment developer, Perlman said.

• Like 5