Cosmopolitan: Condominium High-Rise At 1600 Post Oak Blvd.

I guess Houston-development will tell us in the future if we are just blowing smoke up our a$$ or if it really is going to happen.

its not like i have a crystal ball or anything ;) i only pass along information from personal experience and from others i deem reliable.

randy now has the capabilities to do a deal of this magnatude; hes finishing up on his 17-story deal in vegas. should be done around october/november.

its still way too early to make bets if this deal moves forward or not. however, based upon the developers previous experience, reputation, and capabilities, one would think the deal "should" move forward.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.cosmopolitanhouston.com/

The site still hasn't launched, and tehy said September. We are half way through with September, and still nothing.

Someone forwarded me a rendering, but i am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to post it... :blink:

Also, I got an invite to the launch party which is being thrown at the Great Room next to Fertitta's office building on the loop at San Felipe.

RD is, at the very least, absolutely commited to making it go. Everything else to which he's put his mind in the past years has gone on to be successful... Fingers crossed.

TNJ

Someone forwarded me a rendering, but i am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to post it... :blink:

Also, I got an invite to the launch party which is being thrown at the Great Room next to Fertitta's office building on the loop at San Felipe.

RD is, at the very least, absolutely commited to making it go.  Everything else to which he's put his mind in the past years has gone on to be successful... Fingers crossed.

TNJ

You right click on the image, go to properties then once in properites copy the address URl. Next come to the thread and go to the advanced reply then click the IMG button at the top and paste it in there. Submit the message and you are done!

You right click on the image, go to properties then once in properites copy the address URl. Next come to the thread and go to the advanced reply then click the IMG button at the top and paste it in there. Submit the message and you are done!

Problem is that it was forwarded to me in an email, not posted on a website. Way to computer challenged here :unsure:

In any event, saw the new sales center opened yesterday. Drove by last night on my way home and RD was standing out front surveying the site. Picture of the building is on a sign on the outside of the building and it looks very cool.

Guy in my office says there is some kind of launch party tomorrow night at the big tent being built by Tillman's Rolls dealership on the west loop.

He put in a reservation check and said he got number 24 and they haven't even launched yet.

I went by the sales trailer yesterday and it really is nice. Above and beyond anything Randall Davis has built in the past.

Can't wait to see the crane on site. We need more of this in Houston.

ooops, dont mind the post above. no wonder i kept getting an error message. duh :blink:

I've lived in a Randall Davis building before, and known people who have lived in other ones. Let's hope they have better management, maintenance, and construction than the ones I've experienced.

i havent heard anything from those who live in his new construction deals. however, ive heard of numerous issues with hvac in his rehabbed ones.

• 5 weeks later...

"With Houston fast becoming one of the epicenters for high design and style in the country, Cosmopolitian is poised to make its mark."

AAAAhahahaha!

don't make me PUKE.

But the names of the different types of rooms are very "Cosmo". Oh well, its nice, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they can over due it.

"With Houston fast becoming one of the epicenters for high design and style in the country, Cosmopolitian is poised to make its mark."

AAAAhahahaha!

don't make me PUKE.

But the names of the different types of rooms are very "Cosmo". Oh well, its nice, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they can over due it.

You know though, that is just the kind of overdone marketing that will separate some people from their money. One would think that the person who has made enough money to afford one of these pads would not fall for it, but every day you see average products with extraordinary prices, and a certain demographic has to have it...$100 wine openers, etc. Just yesterday, I saw an article about baby clothes and accessories for "yoga momas"...$129 Italian leather booties and $800 strollers.

We may pan some of Randall Davis' designs, but his ability to market to people with more money than taste should not be underestimated.

You know though, that is just the kind of overdone marketing that will separate some people from their money. One would think that the person who has made enough money to afford one of these pads would not fall for it, but every day you see average products with extraordinary prices, and a certain demographic has to have it...$100 wine openers, etc. Just yesterday, I saw an article about baby clothes and accessories for "yoga momas"...$129 Italian leather booties and $800 strollers.

We may pan some of Randall Davis' designs, but his ability to market to people with more money than taste should not be underestimated.

i went by the sales office over the weekend. The product is actually very nice. Definitely a step above Randall's other projects. He has over 60 deposits for only 75 units.

Yeah I know its good marketing... But I think its funny, I kinda have to "Ppppfff" when I hear it. I couldn't help but laugh when he started talking...

i went by the sales office over the weekend. The product is actually very nice. Definitely a step above Randall's other projects. He has over 60 deposits for only 75 units.

Wow, he already has 80% reserved? I wonder how long till construction begins. It seems there was more of an interest in this building compared to empire.

Wow, he already has 80% reserved? I wonder how long till construction begins. It seems there was more of an interest in this building compared to empire.

I would rather live in that then The Empire. I like that end of Uptown better, plus its a taller building with many more floors.