Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HoustonMidtown

High School For Law and Justice - Scott Street

23 posts in this topic

Nice!

All they have to do is look through the glass to monitor and observe actual crimes taking place around them, live crack deals etc...

1 person likes this

Nice!

All they have to do is look through the glass to monitor and observe actual crimes taking place around them, live crack deals etc...

This may be true now but I see a day when this neighborhood will be more like what midtown and the near east side is becoming. Its proximity to downtown and convenience to the medical center practically assure that.

Also, it seems to be well located near TSU since that university offers, through its School of Public Affairs, a BS in Administration of Justice. It is always a good thing when high school students can get early exposure to the 'college experience.'

I wonder if this new facility will ease the overcrowding at Austin High.

1 person likes this

Talk about cleaning up the hood - this is fantastic !!

There were several people rummaging around the half torn down homes who apparently didn't like me driving through -- they threw pieces of wood and bricks at me as I drove by !!

post-30-0-24954600-1429984899_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-76561700-1429984907_thumb.jpg

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Talk about cleaning up the hood - this is fantastic !!

There were several people rummaging around the half torn down homes who apparently didn't like me driving through -- they threw pieces of wood and bricks at me as I drove by !!

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

See, this is why it's a bad idea to venture off the beaten track...some rather iffy 'hoods in the area...I wondered around after downtown and all I found were slums or sprawl.

Yes, we should distance ourselves from those who were born into poverty because they totally deserve it...

1 person likes this

Yes, we should distance ourselves from those who were born into poverty because they totally deserve it...

I mean avoiding active criminal activity, like scavengers throwing stuff at you. In broad daylight.

1 person likes this

The old crack houses have finally all been demolished and the entire area is fenced off - I will have some pics as soon as I can get them.

So this will be two specialty HISD high schools on the purple line

Finally got a couple pics:

rLaT65R.jpg

qGo8G9D.jpg

Edited by HoustonMidtown
3 people like this

Looks like it's going to be a tilt wall build.

EEbBMkP.jpg

qlQvVUy.jpg

3 people like this

I drove by this yesterday after dropping off the kid for a robotics competition at the Energy Institute on Sampson. This looks good. I also drove by the site for the new Energy Institute HS building on Southmore at Tierwester. It's moving along as well, but I didn't get a picture.

Posted (edited)

I like that neat little addition in the middle that isn't all square corners and right angles, it makes an otherwise completely boring building move a little.

Edited by samagon

Hopefully there won't be parking facing Scott street (where the light rail station is) however, I can't recall what the scott street frontage looks like.  You think I would after driving past it every day since the I45 detour happened