Y-Shops @ Scottcrest: Retail Center At 3929 Old Spanish Trl.

• 1 year later...

This strip center is complete and currently houses Wing Quarter Daiquiris and Creole Kitchen, Sugar Rush Too Cake Gallery, and Ray's BBQ will relocate to this new location from their current cramped digs at OST and Calhoun. This strip center's tenants aren't doing my waistline any favors. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WE bought a house between Scott and Cullen near England street which is a thru street to Griggs and OST a couple blocks south from us. In the year since we moved in I have seen quite a bit of redevelopment. Sure there are several new strip centers going up and several that have recently been finished. They are such an improvement compared to what was or wasn't there. 

New townhouse are being built in the Tierwerster area, and Aldi's is a great store with incredible prices just a block from HEB on OST. Its very similar to Trader Joes and they just put in a very popular car wash next to it that is quite fun with its yellow canopies.

TMC is marching down OST and bringing new apartment buildings and the need for more service related businesses. This area will have a very nice future and I love the new landscaping on Griggs and OST. 

They will be filled with what the public wants. There also are several major developments that have or are being completed like the beautiful new library across from the new apartment project going up on the rail line. I have a friend who has worked at the cvs for years and I shop at the HEB occasionally. Granted I do most of my shopping at my old HEB on Dunlavy mainly because you cant get a lot of products and produce at the OST store. Riverside Terrace is in the middle of an incredible construction phase with at least ten new homes being built right now along with many being updated. 

There is so much potential with all of the old structures over here it reminds me of Washington avenue and I predict the this area will continue to see a wider variety of positive additions quicker than you think. Its just too close to TMC, U. of H. and downtown.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

They've just cleared a large tract of land on OST just east of scott crest and the Ray Rogers barbecue restaurant strip. The tract runs all the way back to Griggs.

I stopped by the other day and was told it will be a storage building.

• 1 year later...

I'll have to check Rays BBQ Shack out. It apparently has really good reviews.

So 5 years since my original posts, I am curious... now that HEB has left, how has this area been? Is anyone aware of a community lead organization trying to improve this area?

• The title was changed to Old Spanish Trail And Scottcrest Dr.
  • 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Scottcrest Dr. & Old Spanish Trl.
  • The title was changed to Y-Shops @ Scottcrest: Retail Center At 3929 Old Spanish Trl.