Who is this? KPRC late 70s anchor

ChannelTwoNews

Just sorting through some old tapes that I've acquired and so far have found one with the "oldest" material I presently have, April 1978. At the end of this tape was a segment of a weekend "Big 2 News" report, and this man was the anchor. No graphics popped up with his name and he wasn't referred to by name when Ted Shaw started his weather segment (of course, at the end of the tape). 

Anyone know who he is?

KPRCGuy_zpszvtdsqut.jpg

Just sorting through some old tapes that I've acquired and so far have found one with the "oldest" material I presently have, April 1978. At the end of this tape was a segment of a weekend "Big 2 News" report, and this man was the anchor. No graphics popped up with his name and he wasn't referred to by name when Ted Shaw started his weather segment (of course, at the end of the tape).

Anyone know who he is?

KPRCGuy_zpszvtdsqut.jpg

Is the video already posted on YouTube?

I remember the name Alan Parcel but I cannot say if that is the person in the screen shot. I was in high school then and didn't see much local news. I was either studying (not enough it would seem), hanging out with friends at Greenspoint Mall (before you needed a flack jacket for that), or earning a romping $2.10/hr at the Orange Julius to feed my 8-track habit.

I found a website called kprc history.Facebook. lots of old pictures on it. The only picture that looks like the man has the name Alan parcel.I don't remember him but so many people have been on the news at channel 2.

That's a tip that paid off. I forgot I'd already liked them on Facebook, but within a really short time they were able to determine it was an anchor named Don Shelby. I knew he was one of the long-timers in Minneapolis but never knew he worked down here.

I'll get around to uploading the clip at some point in the future.

• 7 months later...

Archived