Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

Thanks, it definitely sounds promising. Now if we could just get someone to do something with the Daze Inn.

It seems like we could at least get them to get rid of all of the curtains and maybe power wash the thing.

It's the most objectionable large eyesore in downtown and with the Super Bowl in 2017 it would be nice to have it

remedied.

• Like 2

Thanks, it definitely sounds promising. Now if we could just get someone to do something with the Daze Inn.

It seems like we could at least get them to get rid of all of the curtains and maybe power wash the thing.

It's the most objectionable large eyesore in downtown and with the Super Bowl in 2017 it would be nice to have it

remedied.

My remedy if nothing is done to it by 2017? Drape huge banners over the sides of the building promoting the super bowl.

Surely the city can work around their own regulations of no advertisements/signs over 40' or whatever it is.

Edited by cloud713

My remedy if nothing is done to it by 2017? Drape huge banners over the sides of the building promoting the super bowl.

Surely the city can work around their own regulations of no advertisements/signs over 40' or whatever it is.

Dreaming here but if someone would be bold to get this property tear it down and build something similar to the titan that never happened but hey nothing wrong with dreaming.

• Like 1

Or they could just go the Dallas route and make it a LED wall. Times Square, here we come!

• Like 1

Le Meridien needs to make just the absolutely worst rendering possible for us at first and gradually improve it overtime for HAIF.

"The plywood street level facade treatment will remain permanently, and we're working on a solution to replicate the bum piss smell to keep urban authenticity vibe."

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In the parking lot on the same block. I talked to the lot attendant guy, and he was told that the owners "just want to see what was under the parking lot".  He was aware of the Le Meridien conversion, but didn't know if this was related to that or something else...

qVPrG21.jpg

• Like 7

Good sleuthing. I wonder if the parking lot is owned by the same owner as the building? I guess a garage would be needed if this becomes a hotel, hence the need for soil samples.

If this goes forward, it won't make up for the big Trammell Crow tower delay, but it will be like that drink that helps you forget...

Good sleuthing. I wonder if the parking lot is owned by the same owner as the building? I guess a garage would be needed if this becomes a hotel, hence the need for soil samples.

If this goes forward, it won't make up for the big Trammell Crow tower delay, but it will be like that drink that helps you forget...

I think it makes up for it. I remember back in the day, every HAIFer talking about all the abandoned buildings, Wulfe buying the old Days Inn, and wondering if ever they would be rehabbed or turned into dust. Wish I could time travel and let everyone know in a decade or so their dreams would come true. Minus the Days Inn...