Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

17 hours ago, lockmat said:

Was that taken early in the morning? It seems this won't have much shade except at that time and also late afternoons.

Close to noon, I think. You can see the shadow of the overhang nearly directly below the overhang itself, the sun was close to directly overhead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested. The San Jacinto side was lit up with LED lights across the turqoise. It made for an extremely modern and sleek look. I am not sure if they were just testing, but it looked AWESOME.

For those of you who doubted this project, see it with the lighting. If you STILL don't like it, there is nothing else left to change your mind. I think alot of people will like it / appreciate it when they see it completed, and the lighting effect ON.

:)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Avossos said:

For anyone interested. The San Jacinto side was lit up with LED lights across the turqoise. It made for an extremely modern and sleek look. I am not sure if they were just testing, but it looked AWESOME.

For those of you who doubted this project, see it with the lighting. If you STILL don't like it, there is nothing else left to change your mind. I think alot of people will like it / appreciate it when they see it completed, and the lighting effect ON.

:)

^^^ if at all possible, may you acquire us an illustration?  i am trying in earnest to present this place the benefit of the doubt.  it shall take anything and everything to make this edifice look beautiful (exterior wise) in my view.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, monarch said:

^^^ if at all possible, may you acquire us an illustration?  i am trying in earnest to present this place the benefit of the doubt.  it shall take anything and everything to make this edifice look beautiful (exterior wise) in my view.....

I will try. Looks like they are still doing a ton of work on the other side. Not sure if they were just testing...

If anyone is around and does see the lights on. Snap a pic... preferably not when you're driving.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JoninATX said:

Are they still on target to open on August 8th?

From their website:

"Hotel Opens August 22. Taking Reservations September 12.

We open our doors on August 22, 2017 and are accepting reservations for stays on or after September 12, 2017."

looks like rates start (rack rate) at $260 per night plus $42 in taxes, so, $304 and go up from there.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa! The building looks amazing with that lighting. I presume they will do the same in the southern facing recesses? And yeah, hopefully black out curtains suffice/they don't get too many complaints from guests.

The original renderings showed a vertical Le Meridien sign on the southeastern corner.. are there any signs of that?

• Like 1