Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lockmat said:

I'm not so sure how this finished product will look. Up close those green tiles look like they're from Builders Square and don't even look like they were installed that well.

I fully agree.  If they decide to keep them, maybe they have a "plan" for them.  Time will tell, I guess.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like they are back to taking soil samples again in the adjacent parking lot.  They were actively drilling in one corner and have another section of the lot coned off for additional samples.  These are both different corners from where they were taking soil samples last time (last year if I remember right).  Wonder if the rumors of a parking garage going here still have merit?

xuRInCJ.jpg

a3ujTCL.jpg

c1FYMp4.jpg

• Like 4

I am very curious about those green tiles.  Looks like they cleaned them.  Maybe they will stay?  Hmmmmm.  I might write the developer a note.  They should consider removing those tiles and replacing them with a nice dark beige.  They could be really radical and go with a light beige if they wanted.  I mean, everyone uses beige. Green?  Why be so radical?   We need more awesome buildings like the Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn thing.  Those babies are lovely.  Green tiles?  Sheesh. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rechlin said:

Looks like they are back to taking soil samples again in the adjacent parking lot.  They were actively drilling in one corner and have another section of the lot coned off for additional samples.  These are both different corners from where they were taking soil samples last time (last year if I remember right).  Wonder if the rumors of a parking garage going here still have merit?

Are you serious, a garage was rumored? If that's the case and there are no future plans to build on top of it, it will totally cripple the potential these surrounding blocks have.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, lockmat said:

I don't hate the color, actually I really like it. It's the fact that they're bathroom tiles that kills me. Maybe if they polish them up or put some artsy paintings they'll look better.

Maybe some hearts and angles.   Fleur de lis, perhaps, to make sure people know that it's a French brand. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...