KPRC-TV dropping "Local" from station ID

Blue Dogs

KPRC viewer emails are flying into Mike McGuff's inbox. Why ? The "KPRC Local 2" tagline that's been effect for years seems to be going away in favor of the "KPRC 2 News" or "KPRC 2 News" taglines depending on which anchor you're watching.

Social media wise, the station is slowly replacing the "local" word. The NBC affiliate's Facebook page name was also switched to "KPRC 2" this afternoon, however the talent pages all say KPRC Local 2 on them still. Same for the station's Twitter account. That's going to be a fun project for someone to go in & making all of those changes!

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2015/01/kprc-2-changes-names-drops-local.html?m=1

Any reaction to the new developments?

KPRC used to be my favorite news station but I only watch "local" news so I guess I will find a new station to watch.

It will still be local news. They're just changing the branding. They do it every couple of years to keep things fresh.

I wonder if they'll be changing their whole visual identity soon. The current logo is over 20 years old at this point, and the overall visual identity has looked dated for some time.

From what I understand, the 2 with the star will be staying the same. I confirmed this morning that "Local" is indeed no longer being used.

KPRC viewer emails are flying into Mike McGuff's inbox. Why ? The "KPRC Local 2" tagline that's been effect for years seems to be going away in favor of the "KPRC 2 News" or "KPRC 2 News" taglines depending on which anchor you're watching.

Social media wise, the station is slowly replacing the "local" word. The NBC affiliate's Facebook page name was also switched to "KPRC 2" this afternoon, however the talent pages all say KPRC Local 2 on them still. Same for the station's Twitter account. That's going to be a fun project for someone to go in & making all of those changes!

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2015/01/kprc-2-changes-names-drops-local.html?m=1

Any reaction to the new developments?

What's the difference between "KPRC 2 News" and "KPRC 2 News"?

Archived