Pop Up Fine Dinning

I saw a piece on CBS this morning on this subject. Chefs hosts dinners ( plus decorate) in unexpected places- parking garages -churches- warehouses- you get the idea. Apparently 20 Cities have this phenomenon.

The interview subject was a company called Food Lab.

Is Houston one of the cities where this is taking place?

pop up dinners have been occurring in houston for years - some of the best chefs in the city developed and fine-tuned their concepts at pop ups. pretty sure theres a newer pop up warehouse on the east side that has been getting serious run lately.

This story stressed that the Chefs are not looking for a permanent location-maybe never want a permanent location- rather a "club"  setup of sorts where you pay a yearly fee then are invited to a dinning experience at a cost of $60-$80

That's the part I hadn't heard of.

This story stressed that the Chefs are not looking for a permanent location-maybe never want a permanent location- rather a "club"  setup of sorts where you pay a yearly fee then are invited to a dinning experience at a cost of $60-$80

That's the part I hadn't heard of.

also going on in houston... kipper club is just that i believe. there's another one but the name escapes me.

Archived