Improvements Coming To Allen Parkway

Urbannizer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, skwatra said:

is the entrance ramp from Allen Parkway eastbound to 45S open? Looked like it the other day but not sure I saw it correctly...

I can confirm it's open. I used it last Tuesday. Felt good to finally get on I-45 South from Allen Parkway without that lip puckering left lane merge. Now, if they could only do a minor widening of the onramp overpass to I-45 North for a decent acceleration lane. Once you finish creeping up that sharp, 1950s loop ramp from Allen Parkway to the I-45 North onramp at 25 mph, there's barely any acceleration space to merge with traffic already going 60 mph. 

On 12/25/2016 at 8:02 PM, JLWM8609 said:

I can confirm it's open. I used it last Tuesday. Felt good to finally get on I-45 South from Allen Parkway without that lip puckering left lane merge. Now, if they could only do a minor widening of the onramp overpass to I-45 North for a decent acceleration lane. Once you finish creeping up that sharp, 1950s loop ramp from Allen Parkway to the I-45 North onramp at 25 mph, there's barely any acceleration space to merge with traffic already going 60 mph. 

Yea quite dangerous there.

I took the Allen to 45S ramp this morning. Ironically I was closer to getting in to an accident with the right entrance than I ever was in the years I took the old one. Someone came darting across the double line to take advantage of the open lane and I had to brake to avoid being clipped (I was accelerating given it was all clear in front of me).

The signage from Allen is a bit confusing, it clearly tells you to stay right for 45S but then it splits again, and the road to the right is not marked at all and this goes to Heiner/W Dallas. A little further up the road that splits to the left does have a 45S sign but you may not initially see that since all previous signs tell you to stay right.

• The title was changed to Improvements Coming To Allen Parkway

Archived