Chelsea At Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise At 4641 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/01/with-falling-oil-prices-museum-district-project.html

The project may be delayed (not too surprising), but the article indicates it is to be a "midrise multifamily and retail project atop a podium garage." I am glad to see some retail is part of the plan.

• 7 months later...

Is this different from the proposed "Chelsea at Museum District" off Blodgett? See link below:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/01/with-falling-oil-prices-museum-district-project.html

If so, it begs the question as to how many proposed projects can be named 'The Chelsea.' Maybe it's a stand-in, like "Robert Paulson" from Fight Club.

Randal Davis has some competition. I really hope we're looking at the garage, 6 levels looks justified by how narrow it is.

From how open it is in the view. That definitely looks like the garage. Only in Houston does the garage get its own rendering -_-

According to the sponsor, it will be between 1501-1507 Blodgett across from the Hampstead (just got the confirmation). It is one and the same as that other "Chelsea at Museum District" project that was referenced on another forum.

Edit: I got another update.  Looks as though this will be 8 stories tall and feature a pool deck on the rooftop. It is billed as being swankier than the Hampstead across the street.

Edited by houstontexasjack

According to the sponsor, it will be between 1501-1507 Blodgett across from the Hampstead (just got the confirmation). It is one and the same as that other "Chelsea at Museum District" project that was referenced on another forum.

Edit: I got another update. Looks as though this will be 8 stories tall and feature a pool deck on the rooftop. It is billed as being swankier than the Hampstead across the street.

8 stories on a 6 story garage right?

Edit: it would have to be. The rendering only shows 9 floors.

Edited by Montrose1100

So about 105 spaces, whereas Skyhouse has 500 spaces and a 5 or 6 story garage. I'm pretty sure that "35 condos" number is wrong, or they're banking on public parking as well.

Public parking was my thought too, it looks like retail space on the ground floor or just a gigantic lobby. It would make sense to put the amenities on the pool level.