Help welcome that strange new guy

PeopleAreStrange

Hello everyone! I just joined HAIF today, and decided to make a post introducing myself before jumping into regular discussions.

I'm Dylan, I live in a suburb just outside of Fort Worth, and I come down to Houston at least twice a year if not more often (I'm visiting now).

Anyway, here is a picture of me at a Texas Motor Speedway ride-along for those who care:

post-13762-0-05766000-1419716986_thumb.j

I thought about posting in the member picture thread, but it apprears to be a joke now.

'Sup. What do you want to talk about? We have a lot of threads on buildings going up, and some historical building threads. Topics that will likely get you banned/frowned upon include Dallas vs. Houston threads or some sort of transportation thread (freeways vs. trains). Just try not to look like an idiot, and you'll do fine. Otherwise you'll be a permanent laughingstock unless you want to spend years trying to rebuild your reputation.

Hello everyone! I just joined HAIF today, and decided to make a post introducing myself before jumping into regular discussions.

I'm Dylan, I live in a suburb just outside of Fort Worth, and I come down to Houston at least twice a year if not more often (I'm visiting now).

Anyway, here is a picture of me at a Texas Motor Speedway ride-along for those who care:

DSC01680.JPG

I thought about posting in the member picture thread, but it apprears to be a joke now.

I can tell you it was a joke from the beginning. Those threads started in SSP many years ago as a way for the gays to get more attention. Sure they resurface on those forums every couple of years, and while some of the other skyscraper forums have matured, they still don't have the local knowledge and resources that HAIF has maintained (excluding our rendering guru Urbanizer).

Anyways welcome to the forum!

'Sup. What do you want to talk about? We have a lot of threads on buildings going up, and some historical building threads. Topics that will likely get you banned/frowned upon include Dallas vs. Houston threads or some sort of transportation thread (freeways vs. trains). Just try not to look like an idiot, and you'll do fine. Otherwise you'll be a permanent laughingstock unless you want to spend years trying to rebuild your reputation.

Oops, I posted about the Green line before coming back to read this thread. Is there a reason that posting about transportation is a bad thing on here? That is something I have an interest in.

I was also thinking of posting a commuter rail map I made, but was planning on waiting a while before posting it.

Oops, I posted about the Green line before coming back to read this thread. Is there a reason that posting about transportation is a bad thing on here? That is something I have an interest in.

I was also thinking of posting a commuter rail map I made, but was planning on waiting a while before posting it.

Haha I've had the same question for awhile! Every time i read the transportation trades I'm scared to post my opinion simply because of how heated those threads can become!  :P

Welcome PeopleAreStrange.

Haha I've had the same question for awhile! Every time i read the transportation trades I'm scared to post my opinion simply because of how heated those threads can become!  :P

Opinionated :)

Share your opinion. Some will not like that your opinion differs from their own, but don't be afraid of them. Remember at the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of biomass moving our falanges around on keyboards.

Archived