Downtown Restaurant And Bar Market

Appreciate the props. :blush:

I'm still in the hunt. Meeting with some people this Saturday to discuss some ideas and look at some locations. Probably not in Downtown. More likely in the Washington Ave/Heights area. Damn, rents are going up around here!

as long as its open late and a $5 cab ride from downtown i'll be happy!

• 3 weeks later...
2. Morton's Steakhouse at 1001 McKinney. No work yet but people I've talked to inside the building say that they're expecting the restaurant to be up and running by November.

It's a go. The wall is up. The entrance to Fannin will be closed, but you can still hit the tunnel.

Love this building! Check out the bees in the door etchings.

Hong Kong Diner-Chinese restaurant and Yappas is now open. Demassis is soon to be open also. On Franklin in between Main and Travis.

Had dinner at Yapa this week. They don't have their liquor license yet, so they are serving wine gratis. Food was excellent, service was really good, and prices are about average.

What is the deal with Mercury Room? We went this past weekend...and boy did it SUCK. There was hardly no one downstairs...on a Saturday night ...at 1:00am. Not too long ago, the place used to have a lot of people down there. The band was good, but at most there were 12 down there, including the 4 of us!!

Yeah and that Ben & Jerry's at the Rice opened yesterday. Obvious probably to the Downtownn employees on HAIF who saw the long lline for free ice cream on Texas Avenue.

Actually they've been open for at least a month now, maybe a little longer (at least it feels that way). Yesterday was the official "grand opening". What most people don't know is that on the day it opened, everything, I mean EVERYTHING on the menu was only $1. Cookie-cookie sundae anyone?? ^_^^_^^_^

As a side note, anyone seen the Chronicle story on this location? It is a very good thing that they're doing through HoustonWorks (I think that's the organization's name).

More good news...

According to Globe St., Targa Resources just signed an 11 year lease for 101,600 square feet in Wells Fargo Plaza.

Targa had been subleasing some of this space from Dynegy, but this is great news for downtown in general, and Wells Fargo in particular considering many have worried about Dynegy floating lots of space back on the market when their lease there expires in 2 years.

Hiccups Bar on Grill has opened on Main St. (next to St. Pete's). I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but I will soon.

Yes, and they have $10 steak Wednesdays for those interested.

Also, another place will open soon called the Cotton Exchange (I think). A bar with WiFi access and I think some food items.

Also, a Seattle's Best Coffee will open--but I can't remember if it is part of the Cotton Exchange development or not.

What about the newish "take away" place on Franklin and Main?

Can't remember the exact name but it's "healthy take-away".

It's next to the coffee place.

Cotton Exchange has already re-opened. This was around a few years ago, but closed, and now has since remodeled some and back in operation. It will also house Seattles Best Coffee in a few weeks (possibly already) and then be open during the day as well.

the place on Franklin and main I remember being mentioned in the Chronicle once, but don't remember that the name was either. I'm gald you mentioned the cross streets because I remember reading about it, but then not remembering where it was located. I'll have to check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Tollhouse cookies are only good if made fresh from scratch. The stores put weird ingredients in the cookies which make them tase funny. Trust me on this one. I am fat. Thanks for listenting.

I think if they spiked cookies with liquor and served them that it would be like throwing jello shots to hot chics from on top of a bar at this particular location. I believe F. Saucer recorded almost $200k in liquor sales in May ?

God Bless Them for wanting to sell cookies there ! I really hope they do well and think its great.

Edited by 312

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well Tipping Point is finally open. Went there this afternoon to pick up some sneakers. It is a very nice store and they made the most out of the small sapce they have. Very minimalistic interior design inside almost like a musuem space complete with a lowrider bike in the middle of the store. I thought they were kind of brave for opening so far from the Pavilions opening date but the guy working there said he believes he will benefit with more items coming in. Prices are very good for a small business.

Edited by WesternGulf

Well Tipping Point is finally open. Went there this afternoon to pick up some sneakers. It is a very nice store and they made the most out of the small sapce they have. Very minimalistic interior design inside almost like a musuem space complete with a lowrider bike in the middle of the store. I thought they were kind of brave for opening so far from the Pavilions opening date but the guy working there said he believes he will benefit with more items coming in. Prices are very good for a small business.

Awsome. I went by to check it out a few weeks back after I read about them having their "grand opening" and they still weren't open... weird. ha ha I'll have to stop by now and check them out .

• 3 months later...