Sign in to follow this  
houstontexasjack

Texas Children's Hospital New 25-Story Tower

HoustonIsHome    1174
On 3/20/2017 at 8:35 PM, bobruss said:

Its amazing to see how dense the medical center has become.

Maybe a little too dense. They need to start building taller. I worked in the med center in the early 2000s and back then I appreciated the connectivity, but there were gaps. Now it's crazy how much in fill has taken place. Even on some green space.

If there were residential components ingrained in TMC it would be the most urban feeling area of Houston. I can imagine TMC being twice the size by now if residential was part of the deal from the start.

• Like 4

brian0123    360
2 hours ago, HoustonIsHome said:

Maybe a little too dense. They need to start building taller. I worked in the med center in the early 2000s and back then I appreciated the connectivity, but there were gaps. Now it's crazy how much in fill has taken place. Even on some green space.

If there were residential components ingrained in TMC it would be the most urban feeling area of Houston. I can imagine TMC being twice the size by now if residential was part of the deal from the start.

Residential on the outskirts makes tons sense, but not on the interior. Our response times could be negatively impacted by throwing other types of visitors/traffic in the mix. Also, the TMC is going to start getting taller (hence this project added 19 floors on top of an existing 6).

• Like 7

HoustonIsHome    1174
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brian0123 said:

Residential on the outskirts makes tons sense, but not on the interior. Our response times could be negatively impacted by throwing other types of visitors/traffic in the mix. Also, the TMC is going to start getting taller (hence this project added 19 floors on top of an existing 6).

I think we are going off of two different definitions of TMC. I think you may be going off what we traditionally considered TMC (that area between Holcome and Hermann park. 

When I think of TMC I now extend that definition all the way down to the women's center and all the way east to the Veterans complex. I think housing in that triangle made by the original TMC area, the women's hospital and the Veterans complex would work.

Apart from MD Anderson that are between fanning, OST, Braeswood and Cambridge is basically empty. Lots of room for development and would link the fragments of TMC.

Edited by HoustonIsHome
  • Like 1

brian0123    360
4 minutes ago, HoustonIsHome said:

I think we are going off of two different definitions of TMC. I think you may be going off what we traditionally considered TMC (that area between Holcome and Hermann park. 

When I think of TMC I now extend that definition all the way down to the women's center and ask the way east to the Veterans complex. I think housing in that triangle made my the original TMC area, the women's hospital and the Veterans complex would work.

Apart from MD Anderson that are between fanning, OST, Braeswood and Cambridge is basically empty. Lots of room for development and would link the fragments of TMC.

I agree about those parts. I was defining TMC as the main hospital system areas. I'm down Southwest of TMC and agree even s main has tremendous potential.

• Like 1

htownbro    86
On 11/19/2014 at 7:54 PM, toxtethogrady said:

So are there any renders of the project or is it going to look an awful lot like Mark Wallace?

mark-a-wallace1*304xx1867-2800-121-0.jpg

And my second question is a pre-empt: is it going to have GFR? :P

Yea!  My CEO!  

• Like 1