Five Points Center At Studewood: Retail At 5307 N. Main St.

Mab

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to 5307 N. Main St.
  • 9 months later...

Last month, a plan review for 1,998 sf restaurant buildout was submitted to the city's permitting department. Suite 100 at 5307 N Main St is the listed address on the permit. The name of the business was omitted.

Yesterday, an architectural barriers project for 5307 N Main St, Suite 100 was filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. According to the filing, Tlahuac may be the name of the restaurant.

I don't know what kind of restaurant Tlahuac will be. I'm fairly certain it will be a Mexican restaurant, but I don't know if it will be a contemporary Mexican restaurant or not.

I'm also not certain if Tlahuac is connected to the former pop-up restaurant. Tlahuac also operated briefly at the Hub at Greenway Plaza before launching a food stall at Finn Hall as Papalo Mercado. Last year, Papalo Mercado announced plans for a sister concept named Ema. 

Maybe in the coming months, more details will be revealed.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2023013620

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 6:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Last month, a plan review for 1,998 sf restaurant buildout was submitted to the city's permitting department. Suite 100 at 5307 N Main St is the listed address on the permit. The name of the business was omitted.

Yesterday, an architectural barriers project for 5307 N Main St, Suite 100 was filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. According to the filing, Tlahuac may be the name of the restaurant.

I don't know what kind of restaurant Tlahuac will be. I'm fairly certain it will be a Mexican restaurant, but I don't know if it will be a contemporary Mexican restaurant or not.

I'm also not certain if Tlahuac is connected to the former pop-up restaurant. Tlahuac also operated briefly at the Hub at Greenway Plaza before launching a food stall at Finn Hall as Papalo Mercado. Last year, Papalo Mercado announced plans for a sister concept named Ema. 

Below are select details pertaining to Tlahuac from building plans submitted to the city. The details were found in the plan review comments.

Tlahuac is a restaurant coming soon to 5307 North Main St, Ste 100.

• Tlahuac Restaurant
    5307 N Main St, Suite 100
    Houston, TX 77009

• Proposed: 1,998 sf restaurant buildout 

• Interior buildout for a restaurant in an existing retail center building

• 1,998 sf w/ 64 occupancy

• 6 months later...

The latest marketing materials for 5307 N Main St were recently added to Crexi.

Located on the property is retail center Five Points Center at Studewood.  There is one unit available for on the ground level. According to the listing and marketing materials  a 1,584 sf second generation retail space is available for lease.

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/701334/texas-5307-n-main-st-retail

LHpcif6.jpg

Ft1ZEur.jpg

Y9Fg8B5.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 7:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 4/1/2023 at 6:19 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below are select details pertaining to Tlahuac from building plans submitted to the city. The details were found in the plan review comments.

Tlahuac is a restaurant coming soon to 5307 North Main St, Ste 100.

• Tlahuac Restaurant
    5307 N Main St, Suite 100
    Houston, TX 77009

• Proposed: 1,998 sf restaurant buildout 

• Interior buildout for a restaurant in an existing retail center building

• 1,998 sf w/ 64 occupancy

The latest marketing brochure for 5307 N Main St confirms the Mexican restaurant tenant is Ema. 

Building related permits for the unit at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100 list the business as Tlahuac. 

Tlahuac is a former pop-up restaurant. Tlahuac also operated briefly at the Hub at Greenway Plaza before launching a food stall at Finn Hall as Papalo Mercado. Last year, Papalo Mercado announced plans for a sister concept named Ema.

tMjMj0c.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Plans for the buildout of suite 100 at 5307 N Main St were approved last week.

Ema, a local Mexican dining concept, is planned for  5307 N Main St, Suite 100. The brick-and-mortar restaurant is from the team behind former pop-up restaurant Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

6kNVYOs.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 3/9/2023 at 7:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

5 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Plans for the buildout of suite 100 at 5307 N Main St were approved last week.

Ema, a local Mexican dining concept, is planned for 5307 N Main St, Suite 100. The brick-and-mortar restaurant is from the team behind former pop-up restaurant Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

6kNVYOs.jpg

Several permits were filed yesterday for 5307 N Main St, Suite 100:

• Health Plan Review permit
  • Certificate of Occupancy permit
  • Structural permit
  • Parking Review / Parking Variances permit

As mentioned in above posts, Ema is opening at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100. The Mexican dining restaurant is from the team behind former pop-up Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

Health Plan Review permit

lcaqCsR.png

Certificate of Occupancy permit

bcanQC8.png

Structural permit

tDSUOl6.png

Parking Review / Parking Variances permit

tHwsv3h.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 6:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Several permits were filed yesterday for 5307 N Main St, Suite 100:

• Health Plan Review permit
  • Certificate of Occupancy permit
  • Structural permit
  • Parking Review / Parking Variances permit

As mentioned in above posts, Ema is opening at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100. The Mexican dining restaurant is from the team behind former pop-up Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

Additional permits were filed yesterday for 5307 North Main St, Suite 100:

• Plumbing permit
  • HVAC / Mechanical permit 

The permit is for a "1,998 sf restaurant buildout 1-1-2-a2-b '15ibc spk."

Ema is opening at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100. The Mexican restaurant is from the team behind former pop-up Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

Plumbing permit

UvadJme.png

HVAC / Mechanical permit 

K9FUmsK.png

• The title was changed to Five Points Center At Studewood: Retail At 5307 N. Main St.
  • 1 month later...

Ema opens to the public March 29. It's located at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100.

The Mexican cafe is from the team behind former pop-up Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

More on the space from an article Houston Chronicle published today:

The simply designed space includes a communal table and tropical plants in a room filled with natural light. Some pieces of art speak to Mexico but gone are any traditional touches that shout “fiesta” with bright colors or pinatas. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/ema-mexican-restaurant-houston-opening-19196748.php

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Ema opens to the public March 29. It's located at 5307 N Main St, Suite 100.

The Mexican cafe is from the team behind former pop-up Tlahuac and its offshoot Papalo Mercado at Finn Hall.

More on the space from an article Houston Chronicle published today:

The simply designed space includes a communal table and tropical plants in a room filled with natural light. Some pieces of art speak to Mexico but gone are any traditional touches that shout “fiesta” with bright colors or pinatas. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/ema-mexican-restaurant-houston-opening-19196748.php

Nice write-up.  This sounds promising!  That location needs some visibility though.

Edited by steve1363
  • Like 1