Mab

5307 N.Main

29 posts in this topic

This would certainly be an improvement over the car wash that is currently on the property.  Not that my opinion really matters, but I'd rather see the multi-tenant mini strip center than the fast food restaurant option.

I think the map on page 3 is deceptive, it implies that the four houses on Dunbar are included, but the maps on pages four and five suggest otherwise and the size numbers wouldn't add up.  But regarding the Historic District, I thought the rules for replacing existing commercial with other commercial were fairly free? 

I'd rather see the multi-tenant mini strip center than the fast food restaurant option.

Me too... I wouldn't want my car to get bashed in going through the drive through like they're showing.

Hmmm. Do they know that this site is in a historic district?

I'm not sure they do...

The only HD restriction on new commercial development is that the height "not be taller than the typical height of the existing structures used for commercial purposes in the historic district".  A single-story structure probably won't run afoul of this.

Permit for demolition of the existing structure (car wash) is "shall issue" since it's non-contributing.

Apparently Braun hasn't updated their aerial photo in a while. Still showing logos for Stella Sola & D'Amico, and virtually nothing within a mile of the site.

Construction of a new commercial building is subject to 33-242.  The height requirement is set forth separately from residential construction because it is not measured by eave height.  But it is not the only restriction. 

The row of shops on the north side of 11th east of Studewood are considered contributing.    HAHC would probably expect new commercial construction to be compatible with that style.  Braun could probably do something like what they did on 20th and Rutland and get approved.  I am not sure the MCM design in the brochure would fly. 

Depending on the tenant this could be a huge boon to business growth on N Main. Just 1 neighbor's opinion but I'd also strongly prefer a multi-tenant strip over the fast food option. Yale/19th and Yale/I10 already offer a lot of generic fast food options.

Along with that, any updates on who's moving in across the street to the old Blockbuster? 

1 person likes this

Along with that, any updates on who's moving in across the street to the old Blockbuster? 

If you mean the old Eckerd's location, the new tenant is DaVita (outpatient dialysis). I think they already have signage up but are still working on the buildout. 

http://www.davita.com/

Thanks mkultra25, I knew about DaVita but I was referring to the old Blockbuster across from DaVita. It has sat vacant since Blockbuster moved out.

I heard a restaurant was moving in there from a typically reliable source (he seemed quite certain), but when i spoke with him later about it he said it wasn't clear anymore.  With the brewery going in just down the street, it would be nice if they could feed off of each other somehow.

oMz40jg.jpg

td1xHXI.jpg

b0O4Ws1.jpg

yJKO0Hl.jpg

hIgIsq9.jpg

• 23,269 SF Available for Ground Lease or Lease

• New Single or Multi-Tenant Retail Building

• Last Tract Able To Be Developed At  Intersection

• Great Access To 610, I-45, & I-10

• Access from N. Main, 20th St, & Studewood

http://www.braunenterprises.com/files/flyer_5ba40e0b-5775-3778-0398-5463fbabb3ab_5307-n-main.pdf

An updated listing from last spring for 5307 North Main Street by Newquest:

5307 North Main Street provides a rare opportunity for retail in the Heights fronting three major thoroughfares. The site is ideally situated at the prime location of N. Main St. & Studewood St., just south of E. 20th St. Loop 610 and I-45 are conveniently situated within 1 mile of this intersection, while I-10 is located within 2 miles.

http://www.newquest.com/property/5307-north-main-street/

Demo permit issued for the car wash.  No info on tenant(s) yet.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, s3mh said:

Demo permit issued for the car wash.  No info on tenant(s) yet.

The car wash is demoed!!  Gone on Monday.  

1 person likes this

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been purchased already. Prime location adjacent the high-traffic/spaghetti like intersection of N Main/Studewood/Cavalcade/20th.

Well, there was an Exxon station on that property for many years.  I'm sure remediation will add a pretty penny to the development cost.

Much better! Anchor that intersection!

1 person likes this