Sign in to follow this  
Mab

2200 & 2222 YALE ST

Angostura    339

Photo seems to imply the large building could be used for a restaurant. Unfortunately, due to CoH's ridiculous parking requirements, that would require about double the number of spaces currently available on-site. 

The small dry cleaning building could potentially be used for a restaurant, since it would only require 16 of the 70 available spaces.

• Like 1

bedmondson    21

I know personally in the past that Friends for Life next door expressed interest in the Alabama Furniture property. 

Angostura    339

Wow. If that really is Ramen Tatsu-Ya this is big news. Rumors of them expanding to Houston have been floating around for a couple of years.

Renderings show parking along Yale, but drawing shows the building facing Yale. It looks like they'll preserve the current dry cleaners and add on to the Alabama Furniture building, extending it North. 

No vehicular entrance on Yale, which I like.

Also Bernie's Burger Bus this close to my house is not good news for the waistline.

s3mh    243

Wow. If that really is Ramen Tatsu-Ya this is big news. Rumors of them expanding to Houston have been floating around for a couple of years.

Uh oh.  Austin is on the creep again.  Maybe the gut busting burgers at Bernie's will help keep things in balance. 

Angostura    339

Uh oh.  Austin is on the creep again.  Maybe the gut busting burgers at Bernie's will help keep things in balance. 

Gotta live up to that "little Austin" nickname, I guess.

HeightsPeep    1

Can't wait to see this!  I think this is outside the "dry area"?   It will be a profitable venture for the owner of the property as well as those who lease.  

Angostura    339

Can't wait to see this!  I think this is outside the "dry area"?  

Just outside. The east side of Yale is "wet" from 22nd St. north. The west side is dry up to 26th St.

This map is roughly correct (the eastern boundary is a little off).

• Like 1

Purpledevil    272

Just outside. The east side of Yale is "wet" from 22nd St. north. The west side is dry up to 26th St.

This map is roughly correct (the eastern boundary is a little off).

Interesting, Kim's liquor is directly across the street from where the dry line commences at East 26th and Yale. That does make sense, as all the convenience stores have historically been on the east side of Yale, from 20th up to 610. This would explain why.

Triton    8809

Not listed?? I was looking so forward to that. That was the first restaurant me and my girlfriend went to when we went to Austin a few weeks back. It's going to be a hit when it comes here to Houston.

Angostura    339

I'm still holding out hope for Ramen. Tatsu-ya was shown as being in the other building (the dry cleaners), and that building isn't shown on this flyer (perhaps because it's already leased?). 

Uberrito is what used to be Mission Burrito, right?

Also, good news that this flyer is still showing the building fronting Yale with parking in the back.

Angostura    339

Bernie's is official.

Love it when a plan comes together! Absolutely excited for this amazing undertaking that is about to happen! Katy few weeks out, 22nd and Yale Street in the Heights deal is signed for store number 3 coming late summer next year! 

From The Leader:

Jamie Weaver with Edge Realty is the leasing agent at nearby Yale St & East 22nd St. The entire block fronting Yale St. between 22nd St. and 23rd St. was purchased by Braun Enterprises, who plans to build a new retail/restaurant center from one end to the other. Bernie’s Burger Bus made a splash when they recently announced plans to move into the new building.

According to Weaver, there are no other signed tenants yet. He also said another restaurant is not out of the question but it would have to be smaller in scope.

“We’re talking to retail and restaurants,” he said.

On 9/4/2015 at 5:25 PM, Mab said:

http://edge-re.com/Properties/Houston/~Yale22nd/Yale22nd.pdf

-Uberrito mexican grill 

-Berrnies Burger bus

-Ramen Tatsu (not listed anymore)

Uberrito Mexican Grill wasn't listed anymore as of last fall. Here's a screenshot of the proposed site plan from either October or November (since Edge Realty deletes previous copies and updates newer pdf files to the same link/page). The estimated completion listed was the second quarter of 2016.

lf6RcUp.jpg

Here's the current one or an archived page for the redeveloped property at 2200 Yale Street in case it's updated again (this way we can refer to it and compare and contrast changes made) which lists the third quarter of 2016 as an estimated completion projection:

3OJML7z.jpg

w79nKk6.jpg

BuPOaJ0.jpg

(You can right-click on the hi-res images to view in another tab or window for a larger size)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Angostura    339

Demo permit for 2200 Yale (Alabama Furniture) issued today, and for 2222 Yale (dry cleaners) yesterday.

The dry cleaner site doesn't appear on the site plan in the current flyer. Only spaces offered on that flyer are the north end cap and the space immediately adjacent. The dry cleaner site may end up just being parking, or it may already be leased to an undisclosed tenant. It's been almost ten months with no confirmation about the ramen shop.

From Swamplot:

Making Room for Bernie’s Burgers at the Alabama Furniture Spot on Yale St.

Alabama Furniture & Accessories’ 2-decade locale is getting cleared out for its planned redo, a neighbor notes. The building at 2200 Yale St. got a demo permit yesterday and started coming down later in the day. The site at the corner with 22nd St. is being cleared for another Braun Enterprises project: a third non-mobile Bernie’s Burger Bus location, as confirmed in October. The furniture store (named for its original 1992 location on Alabama St.) cleared out of its Yale home by the start of March, and has flown even further north to 4900 N. Shepherd Dr. between W. 43rd St. and Tidwell Rd.

VGJUaun.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel