Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mab

2200 & 2222 YALE ST

41 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2015 at 11:53 PM, Mab said:

On 5/26/2015 at 1:14 PM, Angostura said:

Wow. If that really is Ramen Tatsu-Ya this is big news. Rumors of them expanding to Houston have been floating around for a couple of years.

Renderings show parking along Yale, but drawing shows the building facing Yale. It looks like they'll preserve the current dry cleaners and add on to the Alabama Furniture building, extending it North. 

No vehicular entrance on Yale, which I like.

Also Bernie's Burger Bus this close to my house is not good news for the waistline.

On 5/26/2015 at 1:51 PM, s3mh said:

Uh oh.  Austin is on the creep again.  Maybe the gut busting burgers at Bernie's will help keep things in balance. 

On 5/26/2015 at 3:41 PM, Angostura said:

Gotta live up to that "little Austin" nickname, I guess.

On 9/4/2015 at 5:25 PM, Mab said:

http://edge-re.com/Properties/Houston/~Yale22nd/Yale22nd.pdf

-Uberrito mexican grill 

-Berrnies Burger bus

-Ramen Tatsu (not listed anymore)

On 9/5/2015 at 9:58 PM, Triton said:

Not listed?? I was looking so forward to that. That was the first restaurant me and my girlfriend went to when we went to Austin a few weeks back. It's going to be a hit when it comes here to Houston.

On 9/8/2015 at 8:06 AM, Angostura said:

I'm still holding out hope for Ramen. Tatsu-ya was shown as being in the other building (the dry cleaners), and that building isn't shown on this flyer (perhaps because it's already leased?). 

Uberrito is what used to be Mission Burrito, right?

Also, good news that this flyer is still showing the building fronting Yale with parking in the back.

It looks as if Ramen Tatsu-ya has chosen another Edge Realty location in Montrose (thread: Austin's Ramen Tatsu-Ya Eying Montrose Location)

Well guys, it looks like there won't be much retail for this development at 2200 Yale St (link to previous site plans and renderings). TCH Pediatric Associates Inc aka Texas Children's Pediatrics and Texas Children's Urgent Care signed a lease for majority of the spaces in the center under 2200 Yale Realty (Braun Enterprises). Texas Children's Urgent Care leased the 3,000 square feet space to the right, that was previously planned for a restaurant. Next to Urgent Care is Texas Children's Pediatrics with over 10,000 square footage. 

Here is the new site plan for 2200 Yale taken from leasing documents on the Harris County Clerk website:

vgIpsgS.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

tch*750xx942-530-49-0.jpg

The Bernie's storefront should open later this summer. The Texas Children's Heights location should open in January 2017.

The 13,112-square-foot outpatient center at Yale Street is a relocation of Texas Children's Pediatric Heights at 2600 North Loop West Freeway, a Texas Children's spokesperson said. That location will have a Texas Children's urgent care center next door. It's unclear when the 2600 North Loop West Freeway location will be vacated.

Texas Children’s Hospital also signed a lease for a 19,291-square-foot location near the University of Houston, at the corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Griggs Road. That will be a relocation of Texas Children’s Pediatrics Cullen at 5751 Blythewood St., the Texas Children's spokesperson said. Baker Katz represented Texas Children's in its Blythewood lease.

The Texas Children's Heights location should open in January 2017. An opening date for the Blythewood location wasn't available.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2016/07/exclusive-longtime-heights-furniture-store-space.html?ana=twt

Unless CoH has dramatically sped up their permitting and inspection process, there is approximately zero percent chance that Bernie's will open this summer.

1 hour ago, Angostura said:

Unless CoH has dramatically sped up their permitting and inspection process, there is approximately zero percent chance that Bernie's will open this summer.

Maybe they are talking about a Houston summer?  So, October would still be "late" summer.  

But you are right.  CoH has been terrible getting restaurant build outs permitted recently.  There are a number of projects that are just sitting right now and others that have been delayed by months thanks to CoH.  I do not see a burger coming out of this place until November at the earliest.

They have completed most of the exterior work with the exception of installing the windows at the Bernie's Burger Bus side. I only took pictures from the back of the building. Also, wanted to note that they have a bike rack!

IMG_9947.JPG

IMG_9946.JPG

On 7/1/2016 at 6:26 PM, Orang Bodoh said:

FWIW, TCH says they'll be open for business at the new location in January.

I would not be surprised if they beat Bernie's, despite the announced "summer 2016" opening, given that we're now in the 2nd half of October, and the interior build-out hasn't started. Apparently it's easier to get a pediatric clinic permitted than a burger joint.

1 hour ago, Icemanhorns84 said:

They have completed most of the exterior work with the exception of installing the windows at the Bernie's Burger Bus side. I only took pictures from the back of the building. Also, wanted to note that they have a bike rack!

Presumably the window's aren't in yet because they still have to get the bus inside.

1 person likes this

It does appear that TCH will be complete first.  Could be waiting to put the bus in but it also appears that the floor isn't complete.  Wondering if the final design/layout is still pending.

Build-out of Bernie's appears to have started. At least they've put plywood over the window openings.

They have a glass door and the bus is inside but there is still work for the rest of the build. Sorry for the picture.

IMG_0151.JPG

1 person likes this

More construction progress pictures of Bernie's Burger Bus in the Heights ( 2200 Yale )

From November:

2bTl4gc.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNUdr85DgQr/

From December

Os3ImNA.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN-W2-Gj9Fa/

From January:

Video from Instagram:
http://instagram.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/15893387_587021481504959_6912654338544369664_n.mp4

qFw6KDC.jpg

Iim4fQO.jpg

oexmsch.jpg

ETUCcGv.jpg

From February

xz0L35l.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
2 people like this