DrLan34

4001 Main St. - Isabella Condominiums

59 posts in this topic

surgehomes.com 

Shows that 4001 Main may have plans for condos/townhomes.

They also show condominium plans for 103 N. Jackson St. in downtown but I don't know if they have added any signage to that site...

5 people like this

Did anyone else think of Serge?

Serge.bmp

(Side note: What is the deal with uploading images on here? Over and over, "that image extension is not allowed on this community." Jpeg, bitmap, etc.)

Edited by H-Town Man

very nice!  the more the merrier...

1 person likes this

When I looked at the Ventana a few years back I walked past this block and it was like a huge homeless lot. Not that it bothered me, but I'm glad to see it be occupied. Also glad to see more blocks getting filled in. The more units the better.

Man - they (Surge Builders) are all over the place all of a sudden....Heights...Downtown....

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/2014/11/plans_for_the_controversial_freeland_district_development_are_back_sort_of.php

"Surge Homes, the company mentioned on the sign, is simply a new brand created by the same developer: Canadian firm Group LSR, known locally also as Inner Loop Condos. The same firm built the Piedmont condo building kinda near River Oaks and the Serento sorta near the Med Center."

http://swamplot.com/a-new-sign-of-future-development-appears-on-heights-hike-and-bike-trail-site/2014-11-07/

5 people like this

One more vacant block on Main going away would be great, and I even don't hate the design.

Now if only that church across the street would sell off its enormous parking lots.

2 people like this

One more vacant block on Main going away would be great, and I even don't hate the design.

Now if only that church across the street would sell off its enormous parking lots.

was thinking the same thing.

At least it's more contemporary than the faux classicism of it's superblock neighbor.

1 person likes this

@H-Town Man.  We are testing the idea of both townhomes and condos on our site, www.surgehomes.com, to see which type of product there is more interest for on this site. 

Thanks and welcome to the site, Surge Homes! Either option sounds great, especially for the location. However, the one thing that Midtown, especially Main Street, desperately needs is decent retail. At least 8,000 sf of retail is essential to any project being built on Main Street in Midtown. I'm sure you're aware of what's happening on the Sears site and the other surrounding sites. It would behoove you and your investors to capture that additional income stream. 

5 people like this

Now if we can just get Hines and others to get on this site too....

3 people like this

Surge Homes, I'm loving your transparency and direct communication with the public.  Combine this with strong architecture and you'll surely develop a strong reputation in Houston.  Thanks for joining!

5 people like this

Thanks and welcome to the site, Surge Homes! Either option sounds great, especially for the location. However, the one thing that Midtown, especially Main Street, desperately needs is decent retail. At least 8,000 sf of retail is essential to any project being built on Main Street in Midtown. I'm sure you're aware of what's happening on the Sears site and the other surrounding sites. It would behoove you and your investors to capture that additional income stream. 

Would you remind me whats happening on the Sears site.

The condos that we are proposing would have ground floor retail.

Awesome.

As far as condos vs townhomes, I live across the street from the site at The Ventana, and I have envisioned the midrise condo proposal you have come up with since I have lived there.

I dont think townhomes would really fit the area, it is more of a high density, mid rise neighborhood.

You have the eight story behemoth Ventana across the street, you have two new midrises on Main across from the Breakfast Klub, then of course you have Mid-Main under construction as we speak, the entire area is becoming a 5-7 story neighborhood, like something you would see in New York.

I definitely think you would get more bang for your buck with the condos over retail, more units to sell in the same footprint, that would without a doubt fill up quickly.

Im calling it right now, the Mid-Main area (which yalls block would be a part of) is the next big thing in urban Houston development, Im talking a "Soho", "Tribeca", "Wicker Park" type area.

Give it 10 years, you will see.

3 people like this

Would you remind me whats happening on the Sears site.

I second this question! I see plenty of residential and retail activity when I walk past here every night, but only of the kind that discourages new investment in the area.

1 person likes this

Awesome.

As far as condos vs townhomes, I live across the street from the site at The Ventana, and I have envisioned the midrise condo proposal you have come up with since I have lived there.

I dont think townhomes would really fit the area, it is more of a high density, mid rise neighborhood.

You have the eight story behemoth Ventana across the street, you have two new midrises on Main across from the Breakfast Klub, then of course you have Mid-Main under construction as we speak, the entire area is becoming a 5-7 story neighborhood, like something you would see in New York.

I definitely think you would get more bang for your buck with the condos over retail, more units to sell in the same footprint, that would without a doubt fill up quickly.

Im calling it right now, the Mid-Main area (which yalls block would be a part of) is the next big thing in urban Houston development, Im talking a "Soho", "Tribeca", "Wicker Park" type area.

Give it 10 years, you will see.

I think you meant condo's over townhomes....not retail >.>

You want condo's with retail, but just townhomes.

I second this question! I see plenty of residential and retail activity when I walk past here every night, but only of the kind that discourages new investment in the area.

Rice University owns the Sears site. They currently have no plans to redevelop it as far as I'm certain. Sears currently holds a lease on the space.

I think you meant condo's over townhomes....not retail >.>

You want condo's with retail, but just townhomes.

No.

I meant Condos over 1st floor retail, over as in "above".

2 people like this

Rice University owns the Sears site. They currently have no plans to redevelop it as far as I'm certain. Sears currently holds a lease on the space.

Why does this myth keep getting repeated?   According to the county real estate records, Sears owns the Sears site.