Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

I don't think most people on this forum realize that oil isn't the only sector that can take advantage of 6HC. The rest of the economy is doing tremendously well right now... I can see a financial or real estate company being a tenant for 6HC but I don't have any news of that happening.

I hope youre right and 6 HC goes up. I know Houston is a power house, and developers have taken notice.

I also refer back to what the Midway COO or VP said: "Houston has become a primary market where investment is not dependant on economic cycles" or something like that...

Marlow should be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

A crew was bringing loads of drywall into the ticket office today and several new walls are studded up inside. I guess they're going to prelease from there for awhile before tearing it down, or maybe I'm mistaken about the location of the tower on this lot

I hope youre right and 6 HC goes up. I know Houston is a power house, and developers have taken notice.

I also refer back to what the Midway COO or VP said: "Houston has become a primary market where investment is not dependant on economic cycles" or something like that...

Marlow should be cool.

Everyone should move on from 6HC, there's next to no chance it happens.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

house-of-cards.jpg

although it reminds me of a house of cards... it looks fun and a bit happy!

i think it shall compliment that particular block / area nicely.  

i am also digging the very ultra modern design of the outside awning with the MARLOWE moniker.  reeks of cool....

• Like 1

This is common practice in renderings. While it would have been better to at least model the building and include it in the rendering most often times people want to see the building in isolation. Not to mention with the view in this rendering you wouldn't be able to see much of the other building anyway. If I were doing the model I would have included the smaller building just to help add more context. Remember that just because a building doesn't show up in a rendering doesn't mean that it's not going to exist. Most times it's merely omitted to better assist the rendering.

On an additional note, it's refreshing to see a development that doesn't gobble up the entire block! I would love to see more selective developments in a manor such as this. It would certainly provide greater diversity.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3

house-of-cards.jpg

although it reminds me of a house of cards... it looks fun and a bit happy!

i think it shall compliment that particular block / area nicely.

i am also digging the very ultra modern design of the outside awning with the MARLOWE moniker. reeks of cool....

Las Vegas should do a hotel with that "house of cards" look!

• Like 2

This is common practice in renderings. While it would have been better to at least model the building and include it in the rendering most often times people want to see the building in isolation. Not to mention with the view in this rendering you wouldn't be able to see much of the other building anyway. If I were doing the model I would have included the smaller building just to help add more context. Remember that just because a building doesn't show up in a rendering doesn't mean that it's not going to exist. Most times it's merely omitted to better assist the rendering.

On an additional note, it's refreshing to see a development that doesn't gobble up the entire block! I would love to see more selective developments in a manor such as this. It would certainly provide greater diversity.

They took out the entire Chase center garage building for some of the 609 Main renderings.

My favorite was when they put the demolished Texas Tower in the background of an interior shot of 609. Doing these models must be fun.

• Like 3