Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

Does this mean that folks will be moving into the building on or after the 24th?  Or have they already been moving in?

At least one unit on the SW corner is now furnished; I couldn't say whether it's a resident or model unit.

Edit: I'm now seeing three furnished units on the SW corner.

Edited by Alec
New info
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, Alec said:

At least one unit on the SW corner is now furnished; I couldn't say whether it's a resident or model unit.

Edit: I'm now seeing three furnished units on the SW corner.

It seemed to me that the SW corner of the building would be where I would buy if I had more than 3 nickels and a dime.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Marlowe Condominiums
  • 7 months later...

The worst part of the Marlowe is that sales aren't great and it might lead other condo developments to only view downtown as a rental market.

I looked at units with my sister who was thinking of buying after years of renting in One Park Place. She ended up renewing her lease because One Park Place is a better building with better amenities so why buy?

• Like 4

I think the fact that it's the only new condo building in downtown, combined with competition in that price range with east downtown and midtown, make for relatively overpriced condos for the market, but the correct price for the build cost of the building.  Probably would need a few years and some more condo competition for them to sell

• The title was changed to Marlowe Condominiums Downtown
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

For those of you who hated the mural painted near the garage exit, it's gone. The wall is black now. The question is, how much more black can it be, and the answer is.... none... none more black.

Black 3.0 says "hold my beer" 🤣   https://www.culturehustleusa.com/products/black-3-0-the-worlds-blackest-black-acrylic-paint-150ml

At $130 per liter, I doubt they used that on the Marlowe, unless the Feds were paying for it out of the $600 toilet seat budget😁.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Marlowe: Condominiums At 1211 Caroline St.
  • 1 year later...

Does anybody have comments re: living in this building downtown or downtown in general?

Safe to assume noise from house of blues or general street noise could be bothersome? 

There are severe noise issues with apt units with Brava / Aris Market Square / Market Square Tower / Parkside Residences at Discovery Green

Understand the above are different sections of downtown, but guessing the ambient noise at night is difficult or very expensive to combat? 

additionally, it appears most of the recent houston condo towers (sub $1mm) are selling below initial transaction to first buyers:

Astoria

Arabella

Marlowe

thank you

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, Skyscraper832 said:

Does anybody have comments re: living in this building downtown or downtown in general?

Safe to assume noise from house of blues or general street noise could be bothersome? 

There are severe noise issues with apt units with Brava / Aris Market Square / Market Square Tower / Parkside Residences at Discovery Green

Understand the above are different sections of downtown, but guessing the ambient noise at night is difficult or very expensive to combat? 

additionally, it appears most of the recent houston condo towers (sub $1mm) are selling below initial transaction to first buyers:

Astoria

Arabella

Marlowe

thank you

The noise depends a lot on what kind of windows and insulation your building has.  

I know people who live downtown who are tremendously bothered by the noise.  Others in other buildings not far away say they don't notice it that much.

Most of the noise is on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights when the various caravans of noisy people roll through downtown.  It runs from about 7pm to 3am.  

There seem to be several types of caravans:

1. Middle-aged people on motorcycles.

2. Younger and older people on pimped out bicycles.

3. People driving souped-up cars from the 1970's, and pick-up trucks from the 1990's.

4. Urban hillbillies on motorbikes and quads.

5. Douchebags with those new muscle cars that sound like an explosion when they're started at 6am.  

To me, all of them are just small people shaking their tiny fists in the air desperate to let the world know they exist.  Especially the muscle car group who don't realize that's not the engine making all that noise — It's a speaker.

It's quietest downtown during major sporting and other events because of the stepped-up police presence.  

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.